Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power commander Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 04:02 PM
CHEESE
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power commander Question

"The only challenge Ihad was findiing the plugs for the O2 sensor in my pipes... "

So what did you use? I left the sensors in and they still sit there, attached to nothing.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:04 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

damn 285 bucks. I wonder homw much difference it would be than the map that came from Dynojet. They have the map for my exact setup. The Big Radius, K&N AC, and PCIII. Granted they run them on that bike but I am curiious to see how much better the bike can run with a custom map. If not really that big of a difference I am not willing to forkout 285 bucks.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:37 PM
CHEESE
Road Warrior

I hear ya, since they have a map for the radius, I'm sure the 285 wouldn't help out much. I was already waiting months for them to post a shortshots map but never did. I'm sure since I paid for my own they'll post one any day now...

Old 06-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Rapedape
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Street_Dennis

I Definitely get the pipes, PC, and a/c on that bike and run the closest map possible ASAP, huge difference.
a/c?

Old 06-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Rapedape
2nd Gear

ohh air cleaner...lol @ me

Old 06-23-2006, 06:44 PM
stc13
Tourer

mcurry how does your bike run now? eastern performance charged me 125 for the dyno/map

Old 06-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Rapedape
2nd Gear

I just bought the PCIII from Fuel Moto. I have to give those guys 2 thumbs up. They were very nice and she said that since i ordered on friday that they wont be able to ship still monday and that she was sorry. She said that it'll be here in bout 3 days. I was expecting a week or more like every other place i've ordered from online. Hopefully my short shots will be here soon. They shipped today.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:09 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

STC13 it is running fine, I havent had any problems so far. knock on wood. No jerky movements. Sounds great and no pops at all.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why does the Powercommander eliminate the O2 sensors? You'd think it would use them to monitor for changes.

If you load a map, then it will only follow that map...never making adjustments for altitude or temperature right?

Old 06-23-2006, 09:55 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the Tampa area and there are no tuners close. I met a guy with a mobile dyno at a bike night and he agreed to tune mine at his house. I met him there and in 2 hour it was done. It was really hot and he stopped many time to let my Ultra cool down. They system has these large blowers that cool your bike while it runs.

He is Dynojet certified and has been added to the Dynojet list of tuners. He charged me $150.00 total. He also added the accelerator pump for free. HD wanted 7 hours of labor and would have kept the bike for 3-4 days. Ken's Mobile Dyno will do it in less than 1 hour. He has the new Dyno tune computer system that has a computer tune automatically as he runs the bike. He does not make the adjustments the computer system does it. It picks the optimal numbers as it runs.

I am extremely happy with this guy. Gained 10 HP over the canned maps. He stands behind his work and will retune if you are not happy. All you guys in central Florida check him out. You can go to him or he will go to you. You can get his phone number on the dynojet or Power Commander site. He also sells the PCIII if you need one.

Thats it. I told him I would give him a plug on this site if I liked his work. Super guy and equipment. Just certified by Dynojet and knows the latest info on dyno tunning.

Quick Reply: Power commander Question