Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

joe fall down go boom

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Midnight Ripper
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is scary to see anyone lay their bike down.... especially your brother.

As far as the damage to the bike, the mirror, shift and peg should not be an issue. Those can be sanded down and re-shoot with powder again.
For the bags we should either, (1) glass in the damage corner, paint it in black cherry, have a pinup girl airbrushed on both bags, and then clear the whole thing. Or (2) we can cut out the outer corner of each bag and custom make a LED turn/stop/ running lights in a “L” shape so they can be seen from the back and sides. We can make them quick connects so they are plug and play. I will look into the place I got the semi truck LEDs for the wing and see if they have anything that works.

You know you were not going to leave those bags stock.

Maybe Chad will also let you borrow his new helmet for future rides.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:20 AM
tweakin
Road Master

What the hell joe... Sh*t happens man, glad to hear you are alright.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:24 AM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Joe, sorry to hear you went down. I really dont know what to say other than
HAHAHA!!!
Got any other tricks?

Seriously though, young dudes like yourself will do things like that. When you get to be my age, You'll deny it ever happened

And I think you ought to flock the bags

Old 09-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that! They tar and chipped the road to my house last month and left a bunch of loose gravel near the highway and I’m wondering how long it will be before I forget it’s there and slide mine on it…..

Old 09-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Lorance66
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about that Joe bummer man. I would be like you though, nothing hurts like a shot to the pride

Old 09-28-2009, 10:39 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

WOW... MY BROTHER actually chimes in! Midnight Ripper (my brother) what does that make Mike, 5 posts in 3 years hahahaha... ya i think you an i are going to have to sit down and plan this sucker out... i am going to tear it all down FOR THE LAST TIME, do it and do it right... no more of this changing it ever 5 months crap. I am not sure if i am feeling the gold or not... either way we need to come up with something wild for the paint and bags hell the rest of the bike... we will have a few and come up wiht some wild stuff..

thanks guys... i am SORE AS HELL TODAY! ha haaha that was expected though. Chad only a real man practices sliding into second on a harley... i was just practicing! Wifes scoot won 1st in the littel bike show they had at the run, she was smiling ear to ear all the way home... i was so happy for her! it was awesome. thanks for the ups guys... funny part was i was COMPLETELY SOBER! not even one drink or smoke... learned a lesson that day. i have been riding for over 12 years using a majority of front brake. my Dad, Chad, and his old man where always telling me that they use the rear all the time in the lots... now i know why...

*to add insult to injury, i get home and my fk'n progressive 412 is leaking all over the place! anyone know if i can rebuild this sucker?

Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by redrubicon2004
I posted this up in another thread, but I just want to make sure everyone sees it. Here is Joe posing next to the bike that won the bike show a couple hours after his second base slide.

Hey! I didn't sign a release for that!

JOE - Glad you're OK. Talked to someone about hooking you up on the paint. The new guy where I was is pretty much a stroke - although, it might be easier for you to go there to get the paint matched and get the formula number. The guy we need to get the paint from is at another store, in Frankfort, just south of I-80. I can run & get the paint for you - I go out that way pretty regularly.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:32 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Good thing you're not hurt ! You could have high sided and really focked you head up.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:39 AM
RCB
Road Warrior

Joe glad to hear your OK with the exception of your ego/pride. Sorry to hear about the bike, but they can be fixed. Good Luck on the repairs.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:46 AM
r00k
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa, Lets see some pics of the damage.

Glad to hear you aren't too beaten up.

Quick Reply: joe fall down go boom