Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

joe fall down go boom

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 03:01 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I think that's gotta be one of those "Murphy" laws or corrolaries; for example, "The likelihood you're being watched is directly proportional to the embarrassment-level of your screw-up". Glad the only major injury was your pride, Joe. There, but for the Grace....

Old 09-28-2009, 04:12 AM
cruzinthecoast
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you and the bike are ok.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:15 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default funny story

At least your ok, the bike well, you'll probly fix it even nicer than it already was right? *** pride man you were trying to save someone from a possibly worse fate causeing serious injury or death!(quote from harley manual!!}
I have a similar story,A long time ago i was camping with a bunch of wild guys, and with no warning one guy goes down to the beach and hops in a canoe and just paddles away. So half an hour later I,the hero, say don't worry everyone stay here and I hop into a canoe to go find him. I find him in a corner of the lake sleeping with an empty beer bottle cradled in his arms. I pull the bottle out and,well that must have been his security blanket because I startled him . he yelled, grabbed his padle and made steam for the beach. All of this in the middle of the night of course. So I turn my boat to follow him and i tip! This was a weedy 6 to 8 deep foot stretch of water. It took all i could do to keep from panicking thinking about giant sea creatures and **** pulling me down! good thing I was high on mushrooms, hash, and beer!!!!????? OR maybe NOT!

Last edited by maddghost; 09-28-2009 at 05:22 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:39 AM
CQCBlades
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the damage was minimal and you're OK, yet another chance to mod the bike and make it better!

Greg

Old 09-28-2009, 06:18 AM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have to say that is the first time I have ever seen someone go down and afterwards everyone was cracking jokes about it. Joe was a really good sport about it. Sucks it happend, but I'm sure Joe will get it fixed up before the next ride. The crazy part about it all was that Joe and I were talking about riding in parking lots a couple days before it happend. I mentioned that I almost never use my front brake in a parking lot...He thought I was crazy...till now.

Yeah, the burnouts before the crash was pretty funny. Only Joe could pull something like that off

Glad your ok!!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:22 AM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I posted this up in another thread, but I just want to make sure everyone sees it. Here is Joe posing next to the bike that won the bike show a couple hours after his second base slide.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Yasky1997
Tourer

PeeWee Herman would have jumped up and said " I meant to do that" Good to hear only your pride was hurt and minimal damage on the scoot. That is one nice ride.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:35 AM
Man O'War
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear that your ok, except for the pride issue. Been there, done that.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:50 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad you can laugh about it.
I'd go home in Horror.
Not that it couldnt happen, but the humiliation of it all. i think i'd cry

Old 09-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Stanger
Road Master

Dam Bro, Hate to hear that! Hell with the people, you are ok (Minus a bit of hit to the pride) and your ride sounds like it is not to bad. Was the paint hurt at all? Sounds like the bags may have protected against the paint getting hurt. Well, dam, just got it out of the shop and now she is back in.
If there is anything you need that maybe one of us can help with, you be sure to ask!

Quick Reply: joe fall down go boom