Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on chopped Rear fender

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 12:55 PM
JJ Aquaman
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on chopped Rear fender

Hey guys ... im new to the forum and riding in general ... so i hope noone flames me for my ignorance but ...

I dont have a bike right now but I really love the dyna street bob but the only thing that gets me is the rear fender ... IMHO its atrocious ... but otherwise I love the bike and am seriously considering buying it.

While i was looking at pics on the old posts i saw some people with the wide tire and chopped rear fender (I think i heard someone call it a stubby rear fender). So I had a couple of questions first is, How much work, time and money would it be to do something like that. Second is , is it possible to go 2 up the need came about with that done.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:32 PM
dpriest
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

not at all hard to do. and wont cost much either. depends on how and where you want to relocate the lights to, and what you want to do about paint. i was repainting the bike so that was not a concern. i moved my sigs to the swingarm and put a sparto on the fender. i also left enough of a fender to install a 2-up when needed. also moved my plate from the side to keep water from rollin up my back.lol

Old 09-26-2009, 03:07 PM
JJ Aquaman
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dpriest
not at all hard to do. and wont cost much either. depends on how and where you want to relocate the lights to, and what you want to do about paint. i was repainting the bike so that was not a concern. i moved my sigs to the swingarm and put a sparto on the fender. i also left enough of a fender to install a 2-up when needed. also moved my plate from the side to keep water from rollin up my back.lol
Very cool im extremely happy to hear that ... that was the one thing that was bothering me about that particular bike ... I do really like that bike though ...

Its funny i was looking at that picture and I said to myself why does the background look so familiar ... then it hit me cause its literally 5 miles from where i live lol ... jones beach parkway right ... and very nice bike

Old 09-26-2009, 03:51 PM
dpriest
Road Master

LOL. yup thats it. wantagh pkwy right past the toll booth. i'm in bellmore so i'm on there all the time.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I chopped my 07 FXD fender, I like it much better.
Before and After.

Attached Thumbnails Question on chopped Rear fender-fxd-fender.jpg   Question on chopped Rear fender-fxd-origfender.jpg  

Last edited by Slipstrm; 09-26-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:15 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, hear's the thing with the fender either lower it by by installing shorter shocks or a lowering kit and it will look right. The thing is fenders and shocks are things that are easy and cheap to deal with.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:15 AM
dpriest
Road Master

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
Yea, hear's the thing with the fender either lower it by by installing shorter shocks or a lowering kit and it will look right. The thing is fenders and shocks are things that are easy and cheap to deal with.
i agree. thats why i went with 10" shocks