Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone mounted a 2010 WG license plate bracket on another Dyna??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Tuffstang
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your link didn't work for me. I found this https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide...ihed-pics.html

I added the pics of rear brake lights and LED lights on stock WG Bracket.

Attached Thumbnails Has anyone mounted a 2010 WG license plate bracket on another Dyna??-plateled.jpg   Has anyone mounted a 2010 WG license plate bracket on another Dyna??-rearlights.jpg   Has anyone mounted a 2010 WG license plate bracket on another Dyna??-photohd-plate.jpg  

Last edited by Tuffstang; 10-22-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:55 AM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Great job on this one ... I just don't have any talent in that kind of fabrication ... would you consider making/selling another bracket? I have the WG License plate bracket for my Fat Bob, but don't have the resources to fabricate the bracket. I like how yours turned out. Any issues on sharp cornering???

Old 10-21-2009, 12:40 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

why not just mount a nice aftermarket side mount designed to be installed on the axle or rear belt guard. Is the Harley mount extremely less expensive or something? Sure is worlds uglier than a nice side mount(especially a curved one).

Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Tuffstang
Cruiser

No clearance issues, on the jiffy there's still 6" clearance.

The reason I went with the HD WG plate is it's HD, Florida horizontal law, it folds away, has built in LED's and like the look and finish. Oh yeah cost me $40 total parts. Also wanted to get the lisence plate off the fender to possibly chopp the fender or cut up 10 WG fender.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice solution.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:47 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuffstang
No clearance issues, on the jiffy there's still 6" clearance.

The reason I went with the HD WG plate is it's HD, Florida horizontal law, it folds away, has built in LED's and like the look and finish. Oh yeah cost me $40 total parts. Also wanted to get the lisence plate off the fender to possibly chopp the fender or cut up 10 WG fender.
ah it is much less expensive. By the way, the horizontal plate law was reversed in Florida months ago.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Tuffstang
Cruiser
Default Law reversed?

I wasn't aware on the reversal on the FL horizontal plate law change. I can rotate the plate to vertical with the turn of the backing plate. Seen it done on an Iron, just hanging down. I'll have it sticking up. Thanks

Old 05-30-2015, 05:12 AM
reima
6th Gear

hi Tuffstang

that looks great, i was wandering if i can ask you couple of things as i want to do the same thing on my street bob 2014 and want to confirm the parts i need etc.

thanks

Originally Posted by Tuffstang
Fabricated this up to mount the bracket to the belt guard bolt. Still not completed needs some small adjustments to make me happy. I made a connector that plugs into the stock taillight board. I got the parts from HD parts counter. This port is unused (FLH plug). From there the wires go along the underside of the fender with the stock wiring harness to under the seat. There I will make another connection to be able to disconnect for service (tire). Then along the swing arm to the 2010 WG stock LED lights. Ran up to the dealer today and clears and is stable. I plugged the hole in the fender with the HD logo caps for the seat and one for the aux light.

Old 05-30-2015, 10:25 AM
Tuffstang
Cruiser

This setup didn't work out. The vibration was too much for the mounting braket. The fabricated aluminum bracket cracked.
I actually upgraded to the 2013 Slim style lisence plate braket. I believe it is the same as the 2014. I hope this helps.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:24 AM
reima
6th Gear

hi

ohh no and which plate did you upgrade too, is there part no?

thanks

Quick Reply: Has anyone mounted a 2010 WG license plate bracket on another Dyna??