Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006 | 08:39 PM
hotrod351
Road Warrior
Default RE: help me decide

do you really need some one to tell you which to choose. ones a bike and the other is a kids toy.

Old 06-21-2006 | 08:45 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

No offense to the jacuzzi, but buy the Harley and go out and enjoy the ride. You can always buy the jacuzzi later if you really want it.

Old 06-21-2006 | 08:55 PM
Joe Nobody
|
Advanced

ORIGINAL: jmbear328

Now come on,......... This is a Harley forum,....do you think we are gonna go tell ya to buy a Honda? But then again,... If you were on a Honda forum you probably would here them say get a Honda. So here's my 1cent worth. Buy the Harley ,.....You must want it or ya wouldn't be looking to the guys on here for reassurance. Bottom line it will sure hold its value as compared to that Honda. And the best thing about getting the Harley is that,.........It's a HARLEY!

John
The funny thing is I asked the same question on the Honda forum and got mixed reviews some said Harley some said Honda.

I have really made up my mind to get the Harley just for the simple fact that when I walk in to the Honda dealer and look around nothing in there "calls to me" I can't really explain it but when I see that street bob it just says to me "I was made just for you lets go for a ride" that is the best way I can describe it.

The only thing that I am a little concerned with is reliability, now before you all flame me, most of my knowledge of Harley is from when I was growing up in the 70's and 80's, which is why I am here, to learn the new problems simply because I really like to ride more than I like to wrench.

someone please tell me they don't leak and break down often anymore.

Old 06-21-2006 | 09:27 PM
kaduku
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Joe Nobody

My wife has allotted me $16000 for a new and bigger bike here are my choices so far

2006 Harley Davidson street bob
dealer is giving me 2000 trade on my bike and not knocking anything off the price $14750
http://www.harley-davidson.com/PR/MO...ection=gallery

or

2005 Honda VTX1800f spec 3
dealer is giving me $3500 trade and is knocking $2600 off msrp for a total purchase price of $8999
http://powersports.honda.com/motorcy...Style=VTX18F15

keep in mind that I also want to add saddlebags, mustang seat, exhaust, intake and tune. that leaves me pushing it money wise on the Harley where as if I bought the Honda it leaves enough left over to put a jacuzzi in the back yard.
C'mon Dude!?!? You got to be kidding man!

Old 06-21-2006 | 09:50 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Joe Nobody

ORIGINAL: jmbear328

Now come on,......... This is a Harley forum,....do you think we are gonna go tell ya to buy a Honda? But then again,... If you were on a Honda forum you probably would here them say get a Honda. So here's my 1cent worth. Buy the Harley ,.....You must want it or ya wouldn't be looking to the guys on here for reassurance. Bottom line it will sure hold its value as compared to that Honda. And the best thing about getting the Harley is that,.........It's a HARLEY!

John
The funny thing is I asked the same question on the Honda forum and got mixed reviews some said Harley some said Honda.

I have really made up my mind to get the Harley just for the simple fact that when I walk in to the Honda dealer and look around nothing in there "calls to me" I can't really explain it but when I see that street bob it just says to me "I was made just for you lets go for a ride" that is the best way I can describe it.

The only thing that I am a little concerned with is reliability, now before you all flame me, most of my knowledge of Harley is from when I was growing up in the 70's and 80's, which is why I am here, to learn the new problems simply because I really like to ride more than I like to wrench.

someone please tell me they don't leak and break down often anymore.
They do not leak, and they are better quality. You will have to follow the scheduled maintenance, but if you buy a new car it is no different.

Old 06-21-2006 | 10:13 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior

The retail price on a 1979 Harley Low Rider on KBB 's site was $6325,,,On in the ads even more.
The retail price of the top Honda the CB 750 $750 ...You wont see many left.....
Work it this way.
Buy the Honda and then a jacuzzi for the wife and she will be happy and well youll get by.
OR
Buy the HARLEY and a Jacuzzi....Go to the nearest gin mill and pick up two split tails and jump in the Jacuzzi with them.Add some Jack or Absolute,and your really happy.You wont be under the wifes budget and can really appreciate your newfound manhood.She will leave OR better yet come to enjoy the new man you became and have a blast in the Jacuzzi with your new buddies.........

Old 06-22-2006 | 04:33 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior

Sandhog,......

Humm,. come to think about it,..... That might be the reason my second wife left me,................LOL

John

Old 06-22-2006 | 04:56 AM
route2null0
Road Master

Buy a moped, a pool, and a Jacuzzi.

Old 06-22-2006 | 07:24 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Geez, lets see here...Honda or Harley....Honda or Harley...Hmmm. Buy the Honda and regret not buying the Harley later...Hmmm...what to do. Doh! HARLEY OF COURSE!!

Old 06-22-2006 | 10:24 AM
stc13
Tourer

buy the honda.... stay away from the street bob especially the black denim ones

[IMG]local://upfiles/9083/0D3D864808BB4B7D9081736C92ABE1DF.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: help me decide