Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another "I Want to change my FXDX headlight to a Fatboy headlight" thread..

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009 | 07:54 PM
privateer
|
4th Gear
Default Another "I Want to change my FXDX headlight to a Fatboy headlight" thread..

Need some help please....most of the threads I read on this subject are for later model Dynas.

I have a 2000 FXDX. I love the Sport...except for the light.

I picked up a Fatboy light locally. The FB light has a single threaded bolt with some adjustment for up and down.

The FXDX does not have a hole in the lower tree. I am ok with drilling one. It looks like I will need a bracked to achieve the correct angle for the light.

Does anyone who did this mod with the older narrow Dyna remembe what they used for a bracket? Did you buy one or have to fab one? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-22-2009 | 09:21 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior

Measure and find out how high you would like to mount the light above your bottom tree. Most part sites have tons of headlight blocks, different sizes/shapes. Find the one that fits and get to drilling. I don't know that there is anything more than that to mounting it. (Never tried, but how hard can it be? I think...lol)

Old 09-22-2009 | 10:33 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master

Originally Posted by privateer
Need some help please....most of the threads I read on this subject are for later model Dynas.

I have a 2000 FXDX. I love the Sport...except for the light.

I picked up a Fatboy light locally. The FB light has a single threaded bolt with some adjustment for up and down.

The FXDX does not have a hole in the lower tree. I am ok with drilling one. It looks like I will need a bracked to achieve the correct angle for the light.

Does anyone who did this mod with the older narrow Dyna remembe what they used for a bracket? Did you buy one or have to fab one? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
COULD YOU POST A PIC WHEN YOUR DONE.....i have the same year sport and also prefer a different light

Old 10-11-2009 | 01:32 PM
camit34
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo
COULD YOU POST A PIC WHEN YOUR DONE.....i have the same year sport and also prefer a different light

X2 please!!!

Old 10-11-2009 | 03:18 PM
cornishman
Road Master

I made up an L shaped bracket out of 5mm stainless steel. Drilled and mounted it to the bottom trees with another hole to take the light.