Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final decision - Street Bob ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:55 PM
JimmieJack
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply's. I like hearing from other Dyna enthusiast.

I actually like the gray cases over the black. I may look at polished aluminum vs chrome when I do a couple of changes cover changes.

One thing I was wondering about - I haven't seen very may (if any) anodized aluminum rims. I was wondering if there is any problems keeping them clean.

And my remark about the pipe is because - my sportster is an 883 and I don't care for loud pipe so I put on the Se street performance. For me it was just right. I think the look of the street bob stock pipe is a little deceiving plus the fact that it's a bigger engine - I think I was just expecting a little more "bass tone".

Also, good point about doing the mods. myself. I did them on my sportster. I guess it will come down to the day of the deal and the final $$$.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Vinsil
Road Warrior

I have the SE II's on my Bob. However, it has BCT baffles in them so they aren't exactly quiet anymore.

I have not heard stock SE slip on's for the big twins. I have been told they are not MUCH louder than factory so they may be exactly what your after.

Good luck and post up when you figure it out.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:52 PM
James Wingate
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought my Street Bob It took me some time to get over the black rims. But now It sets it apart from the others. Gray moter, Black moter, as lone as it is singing out of my Vince & Hines Ill happy.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinsil
You'll be a MUCH better deal on a left over if money is a concern as well.

The black/grey cases are debatable. I think the chrome looks great on the grey cases and really dresses them up (check out tweakin's bike on here...it is a work of art!) I plan to do the chrome kit this winter on mine.

I wouldn't have the deal put on the forwards or the slip on's. You can do both yourself very easy and you'll save enough in labor to purchase the actual parts!

I prefer the street bob, but I'm biased!

I love the black denim this is whay I want on my SB!

I noticed you relocated the license plate. Recently I was reading a topic about that on this forum and the guy said it was not complicated. Is it really not complicated to do? Because it looks so great like this!

Old 09-23-2009, 09:59 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

You can make any of the dyna's look the way you want. One thing to keep in mind, is the SB has integrated risers in the top triple tree... unless they changed that in the new ones.... could limit your handlebar choices.

Here's a shot of my FXDC....

Old 09-23-2009, 10:39 PM
harlista01
Tourer

Get the SB, I went through the same dilemma. I had an 09 883 C and I got my 09 SB. I don't regret it one bit. In the future I would not mind getting a sporty again but this time a nighster.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:49 PM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If the motor cases don't matter, go with the best deal - which WILL be the 09. And get the black rims. You'll grow to love them, and if not you'll certainly be able to swap the with another SB owner dying to have them (like me). Good luck!

By the way, archergodwin is correct about the integrated risers. It wll limit handlebar choices. But if you want Apes, it will not matter...

Old 09-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rocknrick
If the motor cases don't matter, go with the best deal - which WILL be the 09. And get the black rims. You'll grow to love them, and if not you'll certainly be able to swap the with another SB owner dying to have them (like me). Good luck!

By the way, archergodwin is correct about the integrated risers. It wll limit handlebar choices. But if you want Apes, it will not matter...

That is a good point about the risers. Gives you an excuse to go wideglide though.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could someone explain to a noobie the problem with the raisers please? :-)

Old 09-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Vinsil
Road Warrior

The risers on the 09-10 bikes are intergrated into the top triple tree. If you look at your bike, you'll see them "molded" into the top tree. Therefore, you cannot replace them with taller/different pull back/size to accommodate larger diameter bars, so your stuck with ape hangers in the 1" range pretty much.

I like my apes and plan on keeping them or upgrading to taller ones. I do plan to go with a wideglide front end, so I will have the choices later down the road. It basically screws people for anything but apes.

Quick Reply: Final decision - Street Bob ?