Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Lift Blocks - Whoa!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dyna Lift Blocks - Whoa!

Just got done pulling my tire using my red Sears lift and the Dyna Blocks….well, I had the damn thing strapped down about as tight as I felt comfortable tightening it down and regardless the bike shifted on the blocks and the front right just about went off the lift…. I barely noticed it. I noticed that the strap was a bit loose and when I looked I saw the block precariously situated on the edge of the lift supports…..it shifted to the point that it was twisted on its side and about to take a dive off the lift.

The back wheel was already off and I couldn’t risk putting it back on….so the best I figured was to lower it as much as I could to minimize the fall if it were to…..then I had to have my dad lift up on the front just enough to teeter it on the back supports while I shifted the block back into position on the lift. It’s just barely on there, but it’s on.

Now the left rear is standing on it’s corner…. But between it and the jiffy stand though I think it’s got a solid enough footing. I strapped it down pretty tight. It should be safe for the night at least.

I’ve got to take my tire in tomorrow to get the new one put on….then I’ll try to get my dad to keep er steady for me as I put the tire back on. Fingers crossed.

PS, I think these Dyna lift blocks SUCK!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:14 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Another bad thing is that they will seperate. The square black part is just glued to the orange part that clamps to the frame. They really are pieces of crap.

Be careful

Tom

Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,934 Likes on 2,088 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastfwd

Now the left rear is standing on it’s corner….

perched on the corner like that is exactly what causes them to delaminate.

keep an eyeball on it.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:51 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

+1 on the suck part. Next time I need to lift my bike I'll do something with 2x4's. At least I know it won't separate.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:13 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow ya think the moco pourposely sabotages us so that we'll keep coming to them?

Old 09-18-2009, 11:15 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Haven't had a problem with mine. I really take my time and make sure they are flat and solidly placed on the jack before I lift it all the way.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:27 PM
dogcop727
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the blocks are junk. i stopped using mine. i made a new set out of 2x3 and wrapped them in velco and also put velcro on lift. works great and its cheep.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:30 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I used the red craftsman jack without the lift blocks, and it works fine. I just strap it down and I have zero problems.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Sweedy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMAY
Another bad thing is that they will seperate. The square black part is just glued to the orange part that clamps to the frame. They really are pieces of crap.

Be careful

Tom
Was thinking to buy this lift blocks,now i will not after reading all this.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:18 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i have used mine on my bike while washing it and my uncles and no issues but as ackman said i spend sometime getting the bike balanced out on the lift and the blocks flat and true and then strap it down and raise up the pitbull lift to the top and no issues.

Quick Reply: Dyna Lift Blocks - Whoa!