Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Lift Blocks - Whoa!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:33 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Rocknrick hit it on the head. That's what my thoughts were when I bought my J&S. There is no lean angle on the jack, it's just low enough to fit under there and as you pump the foot pedal it just goes, same with lowering. The video was the day I got it so I was still trying to gain confidence in it which is why I was so twitchy and wanting to catch my bike. I don't need to touch my bike when I lower it or raise it, but it still get me pass this point that you will know when you own one. I've sat on my bike on the jack, then sat on the rear fender (since I don't have a back seat) and the bike didn't even move. I had to see if the video on their site was true!!! Since the bike since on that spot behind that blade protector thingy and almost near the front of the frame the only thing between the bike and the jack support is a 1/8 inch thick piece of rubber. No placing of adapters and no adapters falling apart. I love my jack and gotta say there is no other way to go, unless you go pitbull!! I also got the oil change pan attachment and that is sweet. I just pull all three plugs and the oil drains right into my oil pan.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:03 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Where the hell were you guys with the info on the J&S when I bought my high dollar Harbor Freight Jack????? I'm sure between the adapters and the jack I could have been real close to a good one. Oh well, it works and until it fails or scares the **** out of me I'll keep using it.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Noride
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rocket science, ain't it?...Jk

Old 09-22-2009, 12:21 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Noride
rocket science, ain't it?...Jk
Yup

Old 09-22-2009, 08:20 AM
rbartick
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ackman1968
Where the hell were you guys with the info on the J&S when I bought my high dollar Harbor Freight Jack?????
The Harbor Freight jacks are $70 and $90, minus their coupons.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93033

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=2792

Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Default *******

Originally Posted by Fastfwd
Just got done pulling my tire using my red Sears lift and the Dyna Blocks….well, I had the damn thing strapped down about as tight as I felt comfortable tightening it down and regardless the bike shifted on the blocks and the front right just about went off the lift…. I barely noticed it. I noticed that the strap was a bit loose and when I looked I saw the block precariously situated on the edge of the lift supports…..it shifted to the point that it was twisted on its side and about to take a dive off the lift.

The back wheel was already off and I couldn’t risk putting it back on….so the best I figured was to lower it as much as I could to minimize the fall if it were to…..then I had to have my dad lift up on the front just enough to teeter it on the back supports while I shifted the block back into position on the lift. It’s just barely on there, but it’s on.

Now the left rear is standing on it’s corner…. But between it and the jiffy stand though I think it’s got a solid enough footing. I strapped it down pretty tight. It should be safe for the night at least.

I’ve got to take my tire in tomorrow to get the new one put on….then I’ll try to get my dad to keep er steady for me as I put the tire back on. Fingers crossed.

PS, I think these Dyna lift blocks SUCK!

I also have a sears craftsman jack and it just makes it underneath , i also have the blocks and could not use them because of the clearence of the jack !

Old 09-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned

Originally Posted by Fastfwd
Well, the blocks didn’t fail at least….. I tell you what though after visiting my Indy that did the tire change for $25 and did a top notch job…not a scratch on my black rims - I noticed that they only charge $45 to take the rears off there and do the tire change. They have a disclaimer about not using tires brought in, but they didn’t mind doing mine today. If I had any inclination that it would only be another $20 to let them do it I may well have. $25 for the lift blocks and $18 for a freakin’ 36mm socket would have paid for two more tire changes’ labor with them pulling the damn thing….

I may need to start a thread on rear wheel install technique. I don’t know man. I know there is some satisfaction gained from doing it yourself, but I just don’t know if it’s not worth $20 to let a pro do it. I had all kinds of trouble getting that tire back on…. Ended up using a floor jack to ease it up into place, but it just wanted to roll off the jack the whole time and it took a couple tries. I had a lot of trouble figuring out the inner brake pad and why it seemed to not have enough lip on the notch to hold it too….then I noticed the caliper was in two pieces….still it was a bitch to get that disc back in between the pads…. Not to mention the drama with the lift blocks. At least a professional shop ought to have insurance if they drop it I guess.

Here’s some shots of it on the lift and that left rear block all twisted. I know it’s on the edge on the right side, but it shifted as I was working on it. There’s only about a half inch of extra space for either side on that red lift when it’s on there evenly.

Whew! That was a chore! It’s raining and I’m about to relax and drink some pumkin and Oktoberfest beers…..
I have the same jack and can't even get it that far under never mind the blocks, maybe because i have 11 inch shocks ? i can get where it does go on enough to spin and clean the back wheel..

Old 09-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned

I think the blocks are made to just change the fluids , anything else omit the blocks !

Old 09-22-2009, 10:07 AM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

I need that J&S jack. Not only is it incredible for servicing, I'll also use it for winter storage, which is coming soon unfortunately My Harbor Freight isn't even in the same league as that J&S. Lots of money? Yes. But now that I've had mine fall off once, it seems like a small price to pay, especially since my tank now has a custom paint job.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:09 PM
heavydutyt
Intermediate

I have a lowered 2003 wideglide and i looked at a lot of jacks and the scary lift blocks and found the $69 harbor freight yellow jack has bolt on pad rails if you move the rails to the out side it works great and no blocks or 2x4s i'm 280# and have sit on the bike on the jack with it in the air very stable and works great on my flh too

Quick Reply: Dyna Lift Blocks - Whoa!