Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Bar: Pics, Specs and Opinions post em here

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 05:39 PM
lhcstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah man i love them they are very comfortable im only 5ft6 and they are pretty even with my shoulders..

Old 09-17-2009, 06:07 PM
09B29
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bucket13
I would like to replace the stock handlebars and risers on my 09 FXDL. I currently run a night rod fairing and find that the stock handlebars hang way out and disrupt the flow of the bike (even if I didn't run the fairing I would replace them). I ran drag bars with 6" straight risers on my old lowrider and really liked the look.
I am leaning towards running the 1 piece T-Bars and I am hoping that the experience and opinions of the forum will help.
Replacing the handlebars will require that I relocate my indicator lights which are integrated into the riser, so I am hoping to get this right the first time : )

I would greatly appreciate if you could post your pics with the make, model and specs of the bars.
Thanks in advance.
Mat
6 inch is too short

go with 8 inch

Old 09-17-2009, 07:29 PM
JoeGrapes
Advanced

I went with the T-Bars also. I thought the stock bars were just as comfortable but the T-Bars really change the look of the bike. For the better, IMO. The Street Slammers are a little steep in price so I went with the Buffalo T- Bars with 6" rise in found on E-bay. $59 plus shipping, so I figured what the hell, I give them a shot. They look great. The chrome looks as nice as any chrome on the bike and they are a little lower than the Street Slammers by about an inch so if you don't either move the signals, which I did, or modify the mount so they will hit the gas cap. But I like them lower.

Attached Thumbnails T-Bar: Pics, Specs and Opinions post em here-042.jpg  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:34 PM
bkbob08
Intermediate

+1 on the street slammers

Old 09-17-2009, 09:11 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kind of T bars are you looking for man? The typical pullback, 1 1/2" fat bars or the tall, straight-riser T bars? (God I hate that I have to say this, the Sons of Anarchy type or not?) I much prefer the one piece tall T's, personally. I've never liked the pull back type. I'm pretty sure there are some T bar examples in my funky handlebar thread. Maybe check it out.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...re-thread.html

Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Yasky1997
Tourer

I believe my bars are ultimas with a 8" rise and some built in pull back. Not sure how much. They are 1-1/4" dia. and are very comfortabe for me. I'm 5'7". I bought them on E-Bay for $60

Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 AM
bucket13
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
What kind of T bars are you looking for man? The typical pullback, 1 1/2" fat bars or the tall, straight-riser T bars? (God I hate that I have to say this, the Sons of Anarchy type or not?) I much prefer the one piece tall T's, personally. I've never liked the pull back type. I'm pretty sure there are some T bar examples in my funky handlebar thread. Maybe check it out.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...re-thread.html
Thank you all for your replies - sorry it has taken so long to get back to this thread.
I am leaning towards the West Coast T-Bars. I am drawn to the clean straight lines.
My only problem is that most of the bars are too wide, I like mine a bit more tight.

Can anyone explain the pros\cons of the different bar width diameters (1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2")? Is it for looks, internal wiring?

I will probably run stock hand controls and would like to run the wires internally also.
Which diameter bars can I cut the ends off to make narrower.
Thanks again.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:20 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bucket13
Thank you all for your replies - sorry it has taken so long to get back to this thread.
I am leaning towards the West Coast T-Bars. I am drawn to the clean straight lines.
My only problem is that most of the bars are too wide, I like mine a bit more tight.

Can anyone explain the pros\cons of the different bar width diameters (1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2")? Is it for looks, internal wiring?

I will probably run stock hand controls and would like to run the wires internally also.
Which diameter bars can I cut the ends off to make narrower.
Thanks again.
I like the narrow width of the nighttrain bars(26.8"). hence why their on my bike. Instead of getting the t-bars you may just want to accept getting some tall risers and narrow night train bars. One advantage to the bars and risers is the ability to adjust the angle of the grip to an ideal location.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:26 PM
lhcstreetbob
Road Captain

i have the 14 inch west coast t bars they dont feel wide at all to me. i internally wired the bars with no problem.. also west coat t bars had great customer service if you want something different i would email him and see if he would make you what you want.....

Old 09-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

edited

Last edited by Baeseman1; 09-22-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Quick Reply: T-Bar: Pics, Specs and Opinions post em here