Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to Stretch My Legs

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 11:37 PM
samp81
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need to Stretch My Legs

Even with the forward controls on my Fat Bob, my legs start to get stiff after 30 mins. Most of the guys I ride with have pegs on their engine guards. I'm not quite sold on the engine guards just yet.

Any recommendations?

Old 09-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Extended forward controls? I HATE engine guards..

Old 09-16-2009, 11:48 PM
zoopman
Road Master

When I put forward controls on my FXD I decided to leave the mid pegs on the bike. Now on a long ride I can move my feet to the mid position for awhile. I find that this helps alot if ya don't want to stop. Best thing though is to just stop and get off the bike for a few minutes--who's in a hurry when out ridin.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:23 AM
samp81
Intermediate

Zoopman,

Can I see how extended forward controls look like on your bike?

Old 09-17-2009, 12:28 AM
kngobra
Tourer

Originally Posted by Vinsil
Extended forward controls? I HATE engine guards..
+1...

Old 09-17-2009, 02:26 AM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member
Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by samp81
Zoopman,

You can see the 3" extensions with stirrups on my Wide Gide. I can change my foot position because most of the weight is on the stirrups, if I really need to stretch the legs I rest my heels on the pegs.

Last edited by joe.1955; 09-17-2009 at 03:17 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:00 AM
Acrux
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with zoopman. Maybe it sounds silly but how about putting mids on it. I had thought about putting forwards on mine but I just stuck with mids and highway pegs. That way you can move around a little. When I'm cruising I'm usually on the highway pegs but sometimes my legs start to bother me ( didn't think I was old enough for that bs yet ) so I like having both sets so I can switch around.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:20 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I swapped out my standard Kuryakyn forwards with extended versions and it has made a huge difference for me. Based on pictures in a catalog, I thought extended controls would look kinda funky - like they were just hanging out there. But I was pleasantly surprised when I saw them on my bike. Don't look out of place at all.

If you don't want your feet out there all the time, Kuryakyn makes some pegs that attach to your existing pegs and extend up and out a few more inches. I considered those but wanted my feet to be where the controls were at all times.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:42 AM
zoopman
Road Master

Originally Posted by samp81
Zoopman,

I'll try to get a picture for ya--I might add that I have the kuryakyn swithblades on my forwards.. With these ya have a part of the peg that swings down for a heel rest. Looking at joe's bike made me realize that on some pipe configurations you may not be able to have mid pegs along with forward controls. My setup works with slip-on pipes.

Ever since this site did some changes awhile back I've been to lazy to figure out the picture thing. Sorry for that. I'll try tonight and figure it out and get a picture up.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Lorance66
Road Master

I'm with Joe on the stirrups, I love mine. They made such a huge difference.

I also don't like the engine guards. What I think would be best for a different seating position is to have some mid-mount pegs. Other guys have done that, I'm considering it. My fear is things might start to look a little tacky but I would forego the stirrups (maybe) for the center pegs if it looked better.

Quick Reply: Need to Stretch My Legs