Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slip-ons...cheap buzz for FXDF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:30 PM
SlowPlay
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slip-ons...cheap buzz for FXDF?

what kind of boost could i expect from just some low cost slip-ons? buying the bike burnt up the funds. as full exhaust system,a/c and fuel controller are waaaaay down the road moneywise,i'm thinking somewhat inexpensive cycle shack or rush slip-ons would be the way to go for maybe the next year. cycle shack at ~$100 less than the rush is what i'm considering. what is the story with the 4 different baffle sizes from rush? as i have the IED's from my traded bike,i could use them with slip-ons.what can i expect. thanks.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:39 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will have reduced performance with any slip ons but the bike will sound so good you will think it runs better. About the only way to improve performance is a tuned system, but bike exhausts are so short there really isn't much to be gained there (unless you had a defect).

Old 09-16-2009, 06:47 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Khrome Werks 3+ HP are a Low Cost alternative as well and cheaper than Rush. I have them. And Ill recommend these to anyone.
As a matter of fact, if you run a search, I posted a video as well.
No worries. I find greater joy researching and saving my money, and making a better informed choice than just buying on the average say so. Good luck.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Jenkinsrobert2
Intermediate

I have cycle shacks and I love them. I can't tell if power went up or down but they have a great sound.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:50 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Someone awhile back removed his stock baffles and inserted a BCT header baffle and it sounded great! But face it you will get no power gain until you go full stage 1 at the least.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:59 PM
AWC
Intermediate
Default Having a hard time myself

I've been struggling with getting slip ons or full on stage one. I still have stock pipes on my FXSTC and am thinking about the python radius (like V&H Big Radius) I don't have a tuner, the dealership (I know this is my 1st mistake) is quoting me 300 for slip ons 150 for a download for the chip and 150 for the air, and I can't help but think a stage one all the way would just be better...since it snows all winter where I live I think I learn about maintenance (as this is my 1st Harley) and do it all myself over the long cold snowy winter....thinking about next spring already....good luck brother,,,BTW the dealer also told me that baffle wise as long as I stayed 1.75 or less (on slip ons) I didn't have to reprogram my 'puter

Last edited by AWC; 09-16-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Yasky1997
Tourer

I have the cycle shacks and I like them. For the money you cant go wrong. I like the sound and that they are the same diameter as the heat shield so they blend right kinda like a drag pipe.

Attached Thumbnails slip-ons...cheap buzz for FXDF?-bike4.jpg  
Old 09-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Kaycee
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with what everyone else is saying you will see no H.P. differance just sound.I had the V&H stright shot slipon and they sounded awesome allso had a pc 3 and SE breather seemed like I lost a little if anything.I just finneshed putting on V&H long shots with some quiet baffles in them and got my torque and HP back,these are the full set not slip-ons.Look around the classified on here or e-bay I got my stage 1 stuff for cheap.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:05 AM
zrx4me
Cruiser

Love my Rush 2.0's on my FXDF.Slightly less torque down low,but feels like it picked up a bit of HP up top.(seat of the pants dyno).It was worth it just for the sound though,stock muffs sucked big time.I went with Rush because I wanted the straight cut tips like the FXDFSE.Chrome works were highly recommended also.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:24 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Might see a little difference with the xied's and the slipons but probably not. Probably just look and sound better. It's a good way to go until you can pull the trigger on a full stage 1 though.

Quick Reply: slip-ons...cheap buzz for FXDF?