Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble deciding on shock looks. Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 05:13 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

In seeing your bike...chrome does not look good. You have the whole black thing going on. I'd stick with it.

Progressive covered - Chrome

Works - Black

Progressive - Black

It's not great PS work but you all get the idea...too much to cut the old shock out...

Old 09-17-2009, 06:12 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
Oh great, another suspension snob. Not everyone can afford the "best" and he didn't ask about the best performing, he asked about the best Looking.
And I answered it by weld it and make a hardtail. Did you read that part? Did you also not read that since he was not interested in suspension but only looks. Please read these words and try toi take them one word at a time. Not one of the above address the subject of suspension so just do away with it since you are not buying the best.
Since the OP was not interested in riding the bike but showing it to everyone who looks at it a weld on HT might be just the ticket. Got the meaning Scooter? Great Name btw

Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by FastHarley
And I answered it by weld it and make a hardtail. Did you read that part? Did you also not read that since he was not interested in suspension but only looks. Please read these words and try toi take them one word at a time. Not one of the above address the subject of suspension so just do away with it since you are not buying the best.
Since the OP was not interested in riding the bike but showing it to everyone who looks at it a weld on HT might be just the ticket. Got the meaning Scooter? Great Name btw
Howard,

You're chock full of info but sometimes you do come off a bit harsh. Even I thought your original statement was a bit too much. So just because the guy wants a shock that looks good rather than dump a wad of cash on some custom Ohlins doesn't make him an idiot. Settle down.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:24 PM
un3asyrider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahhh yes, as the old saying goes- you can go fast for cheap. or you can look good for cheap. but to look good AND go fast, your going to spend A-L-O-T of money.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:33 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go black!

Attached Thumbnails Trouble deciding on shock looks. Opinions?-004.jpg   Trouble deciding on shock looks. Opinions?-002.jpg  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:32 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

SC-longhair.... Thank you man! What you did for me on the Photoshop is truly a service and a huge help. As I stated at the beginning of this thread, I am happy with the Progressives. They give me a ride I enjoy, at a price that is reasonable, espicially when I've got plenty of otherods I want to do. My question was what everyone thought would look best? I now can visually see and decide for myself due to sc's help. I really appreciate everyone's help and input. Thanks!

Old 09-17-2009, 07:43 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
I normally would not do this, but as I noticed your a site sponsor, I would like to let you know your comments are very unprofessional FastHarley! Your not doing yourself any favors by acting like a jerk on this post. My post here was about LOOKS, not function. I already know how the shock brand I want FUNCTIONS! I did nothing but ask for my fellow forum members opinions, nnot for a personal attack on me. Please keep your snide comments and personal attacks to yourself or take them elsewhere.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:24 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You put it much better than I was planning to, I'll leave it at that.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:21 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by skipper469
SC-longhair.... Thank you man! What you did for me on the Photoshop is truly a service and a huge help. As I stated at the beginning of this thread, I am happy with the Progressives. They give me a ride I enjoy, at a price that is reasonable, espicially when I've got plenty of otherods I want to do. My question was what everyone thought would look best? I now can visually see and decide for myself due to sc's help. I really appreciate everyone's help and input. Thanks!
No problem Skip. It's easy to cut and paste something just for a quick visual. IMO, black looks good on your bike and to be honest, the black covered look best. If you can find them go for it.

Now...off to work I go... lol