Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Added a Badlander to my DWG - (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 08:27 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Added a Badlander to my DWG - (Pics)

I added a HD leather Badlander seat to the bike this week. So far, I really like it. It's a lot firmer than the stock seat and it makes you feel like you sit down in the bike. I swear, the bike feels 200lbs lighter with this seat. You can really feel the bike under you. Rode about 120 miles in it yesterday with no probs. Got a big run tomorrow afternoon, so I guess we will see how it does on an all day ride. [8D]

Old 06-16-2006, 09:29 PM
hd_sob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Added a Badlander to my DWG - (Pics)

Keep us posted on the comfort factor. I've had my eye on one of those also.

STeve

Old 06-16-2006, 10:31 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Love the way that seat looks on your bike! SWEEET!

Old 06-17-2006, 12:28 AM
SDMF
Road Warrior

It looks real comfy...let us know how the ol' bum held up after the ride. By the way, how long of a ride?

Old 06-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Bradley
Cruiser

Looks great man. Definitely let us know about the all day ride.

Old 06-17-2006, 01:32 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice man...I thought about that seat as well, but ended up with the sidekick. I'm not sure because I never tried out a badlander, but it looks like you sacrifice a little back support for a little more style. Hopefully I'm wrong about that. But you're comments regarding sitting "in" the bike instead of on it with the stocker are just as true with the sidekick..and it really is a much better feeling. Good luck with it man...and like the others have said...keep us posted on the comfort. I won't be buying any more seats as I already have two, but I try to give advise to people who are looking, and I want to be as helpful as possible. I still think the seat is the single most important upgrade you can make with a new bike.

Todd

Old 06-17-2006, 07:01 AM
bronk
Road Master

I also have the badlander.Longer rides it gets a bit trying(IE you need to stop for a few minutes every hour or so)ANd yes I can feel every thng the bike is doing while seated.I like it.

Old 06-17-2006, 09:18 AM
JamieWG
Road Master

Thanks guys. I'll report back after the long ride today. The last bike I had, I installed a custom seat (sort of like a Badlander), then slammed it by cutting the springs. My OL absolutely hated it. When I mentioned that ordered a seat for the WG, she gave me that look, like, "Oh no.. not again!" ... Took her for a ride last night and I am happy to report that she didn't hate the new seat. She said it's not as cushy as the stock seat, but it's not bad... just different. So I got lucky there. I might order the pillow look seat for her and just use it on long rides. Have to see how this one works out first.

Old 06-17-2006, 10:16 AM
sapperw5
Advanced

i just picked mine up yesterday. i like how it flows with the street bob fender. the pillion just didnt look right. i hope it is comfortable enough for the long rides.

Old 06-17-2006, 10:10 PM
JamieWG
Road Master

Just got in from a 200 miler. I previously rode this seat 120 miles, but it was broken into four trips, so it was 30 miles each way with long stops inbetween. Today, the 200 miler was pretty steady riding, starting out on a charity run and ending up with a solid 120 miles of cruising backroads. The seat is great for short to medium rides. Once you've been on it for 50 miles, your rear end starts getting numb. So it's a great seat for riding to work, running errands and general use. It's not the best seat for long hauls, unless you plan a lot of 30 minute breaks every 50 miles. I had figured on this, so I'm not disappointed. Just didn't want to mislead anyone who might be interested in buying one. I did get a lot of nice comments on the bike's looks today though. Love the way the bike feels under me with this seat, but I will probably end up buying a pillow seat for use on longer trips.

Quick Reply: Added a Badlander to my DWG - (Pics)