Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Added a Badlander to my DWG - (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 05:37 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Added a Badlander to my DWG - (Pics)

ORIGINAL: killer.com

Jamie-custom cycle engineering made the clamps, alittle spendy but they sit in close. [IMG]
Those look great. I just ordered a set. You're right, they are a little spendy! I had the HD relocation kit and I wasn't happy with how far out the signals sat, so I cut the mounts down. It moved them in where I wanted them, but the joint between the signal and the mount looked rough. I even tried making my own rubber washer by using heat shrink tubing slit down the side, then using heat to mold it to the mount. It came out okay, but it bugged me enough to know I needed something else. Thanks for the info on the mounts... they look like the perfect solution.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:35 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I realize that we have different bikes, but I have a badlander seat on my Springer and it has over 5000 miles on. I will admit that it took me awhile to get used to it, but I have done several 200 mile trips on it without any problems. I also realize that there might be better and more comfortable seats out there, but I am happy so far with my badlander. You are also right, it really flows with the lines of the bike. I think your bike looks great with that seat on it.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:36 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Springer. Maybe, like others said, the Badlander just needs a few miles to get broken in. Hope so, cause I agree with you and think it looks great. Would be sweet to just be able to use it all the time.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:18 PM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good!

My wife had one on her last ride , it was a bit stiff for me. Went with a Corbin gunfighter on my WG which has a similar look and better long ride comfort and back support , but I'm an old fart

Old 06-29-2006, 05:29 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Before I bought my nightrain last year the only bad thing I heard about it was the badland seat. so I fully expected to replace it with a sidekick or rallyrunner or something similar. well, I love the badlander. I took a 1600 mile trip last fall 800 miles per day were just fine. I like sittin down in the bike instead of on top. Course the two dudes I was ridin with had Hondas so we had to stop every 120 miles or so for gas.

I think badlander looks good on any bike