Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Added a Badlander to my DWG - (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 10:56 PM
hd_sob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Added a Badlander to my DWG - (Pics)

ORIGINAL: JamieWG
So it's a great seat for riding to work, running errands and general use. It's not the best seat for long hauls, unless you plan a lot of 30 minute breaks every 50 miles. I had figured on this, so I'm not disappointed.
Thanks for the update. That's about all I would need it for too.

STeve

Old 06-18-2006, 12:44 AM
redheadfred
Cruiser

I put one on my 06 bob and love it . Seat has like 5000 miles on it now , no probs

Old 06-18-2006, 02:35 AM
tdheel
2nd Gear

Hey,

The bike looks great. I have the exact same bike as you, and I picked up the Badlander on Thursday. I love the way it looks, but I just couldn't take it. I put about 200 miles on it on Thursday night and Friday and I had to take it back. It was killing me....I had the Badlander on my Deuce and I loved it, so I couldn't figure out the difference. The parts counter guy put the Deuce Badlander and the Dyna Badlander side by side, and told me it had nothing to do with the padding, but probably more due to the angle that contours the rear fender. I absolutely love the look of your seat, I guess it just wasn't meant to be for me. I am all about sacrificing 'some' comfort for attitude and looks so that is why I am surprised that I couldn't deal with it.....I guess it depends on each individual. I'm in good shape, 6'2 200lbs, never had back problems, and can deal with a little discomfort as well as the next guy, but that seat just didn't match with me....I may try looking into one of the Stripper seats they have advertised but they had none in stock. They have the same low profile look, but at $369 a pop, they better be comfortable.......

Old 06-18-2006, 03:08 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: tdheel

Hey,

The bike looks great. I have the exact same bike as you, and I picked up the Badlander on Thursday. I love the way it looks, but I just couldn't take it. I put about 200 miles on it on Thursday night and Friday and I had to take it back. It was killing me....I had the Badlander on my Deuce and I loved it, so I couldn't figure out the difference. The parts counter guy put the Deuce Badlander and the Dyna Badlander side by side, and told me it had nothing to do with the padding, but probably more due to the angle that contours the rear fender. I absolutely love the look of your seat, I guess it just wasn't meant to be for me. I am all about sacrificing 'some' comfort for attitude and looks so that is why I am surprised that I couldn't deal with it.....I guess it depends on each individual. I'm in good shape, 6'2 200lbs, never had back problems, and can deal with a little discomfort as well as the next guy, but that seat just didn't match with me....I may try looking into one of the Stripper seats they have advertised but they had none in stock. They have the same low profile look, but at $369 a pop, they better be comfortable.......
I was really afraid of that with the badlander and stripper seats. I got the sidekick (custom) and I love it. None of the problems you described, and it looks pretty damn good. Might want to check that one out.

Todd

Old 06-18-2006, 05:42 AM
iwant1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey that looks nice.
When I was shopping for bikes I sat on a WG and I thought it was one of the comfiest motorcycle seats I'd ever sat on. I ended up buying an FXDCI and got a Tallboy seat when I ordered the bike because I'm 6'6". I got to say it is the ugliest thing that Harley Davidson make, and I got so sick of it "uglyfying" my bike I put the stock Badlander style seat back on yesterday. I've decided I'm gonna get extended Forwards for legroom instead.

Yeah ! my bike looks cool again.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:37 AM
bronk
Road Master

Heres a pic of my ride with the badlander seat on it.Think I maylook into removing the strap as well.Definately flows with the lines of the bike.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:57 PM
killer.com
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jamie-I can't quit figure out why your bike reminds me of something, lets see, I'm 50 years young and oh, oh, oh, that's it. It reminds me of mine!!!!! I have had the badlander seat on my sportster and really like the look, I agree the ride is not the most comfy, but my #$s is use to it and I like the look. Eric [IMG] [/IMG]

Old 06-18-2006, 11:30 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

iwant1, you will love the forward controls. That was the main reason I chose a WG. It was the most comfortable bike in the store.

bronk, the bike looks great. I noticed the slotted belt guard. I think that's a nice touch. Yeah, the strap was left off my seat. I am hearing about it from the OL too, but I am hanging tough. She will just have to hang on to me. [8D]

Killer, your bike looks great. What kind of turn signal mounts did you go with? I've got the HD relocation kit, but I have been modifying it trying to bring the signals in closer to the forks. So far it looks 50-50 that I've either made the kit better or totally ruined it. Once I pull the wires out of the bars, there is no turning back, so I am thinking on it for a bit trying to decide.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:50 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Badlander will get better the more you sit in it. When I first got mine I was only good for about 50 miles. Now I have 2000 on her and my a$$ doesn't hurt until about 150 miles down the road. The seat will soften a little over time but mostly I think I just got use to it.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:54 AM
killer.com
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jamie-custom cycle engineering made the clamps, alittle spendy but they sit in close. [IMG] [/IMG]

Quick Reply: Added a Badlander to my DWG - (Pics)