Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat bob fairings yet ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fat bob fairings yet ?

Waiting for a company to make a fairing kit for our FatBobs. I really don't want to spend the money on the Harley removable windshield as I don't feel it looks the way I would like. I did check out the windvest and still would rather wait and spend the money on a nice fairing kit.

There is one company that I found that advertises on their website that they are going to come out with a kit for the FatBob. I did write to them to ask when we might see this kit come out and got no response. A link to their website is here:

http://swcycleaudio.com/

So... does anyone else know of a place that is going to make a fairing kit for the Dyna FatBob or is already selling them ?

Thanks,

Christian

Old 09-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley_RN
Waiting for a company to make a fairing kit for our FatBobs. I really don't want to spend the money on the Harley removable windshield as I don't feel it looks the way I would like. I did check out the windvest and still would rather wait and spend the money on a nice fairing kit.

There is one company that I found that advertises on their website that they are going to come out with a kit for the FatBob. I did write to them to ask when we might see this kit come out and got no response. A link to their website is here:

http://swcycleaudio.com/

So... does anyone else know of a place that is going to make a fairing kit for the Dyna FatBob or is already selling them ?

Thanks,

Christian
Wow, if you don't want a removable (then not ugly) and relatively cheap
windshield for the times it is needed; it sure is amazing you would want a permanently grossly ugly (of course, IMO)and heavy appendage to the front end of a Fat Bob.
The transformation could be balanced however with a sweet set of Road Glide hard bags.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Centerline
Wow, if you don't want a removable (then not ugly) and relatively cheap
windshield for the times it is needed; it sure is amazing you would want a permanently grossly ugly (of course, IMO)and heavy appendage to the front end of a Fat Bob.
The transformation could be balanced however with a sweet set of Road Glide hard bags.

Lol... not looking for an ugly fairing.... just anything other than the clear or smoked plastic windshield. Just can't see putting that on my bike. However.... how do ya know what it will look like with the fairing on... ? It just could look cool as hell depending on how it's manufactured. I'm not overly picky but don't want something that's going to look like crap either.

Back at ya

Christian

Old 09-14-2009, 12:50 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

can always get one for another bike with 49mm fork tubes and mod it to work

Old 09-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JRK5892
can always get one for another bike with 49mm fork tubes and mod it to work

Yah.. I think I read this before. Owners are taking off the dual headlights and putting a mono headlight on. I think that's the one drawback with the fairing is how to fit over the duals ? It's all relevant to the fork tube spacing.

Christian

Old 09-14-2009, 12:58 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I had written that same company also and received no response. I don't think even if they DID come out with their fairing I'd be willing to purchase from a company with an obvious disregard for customer service.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:08 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

that fairing is so over priced wow

Old 09-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley_RN
Lol... not looking for an ugly fairing.... just anything other than the clear or smoked plastic windshield. Just can't see putting that on my bike. However.... how do ya know what it will look like with the fairing on... ? It just could look cool as hell depending on how it's manufactured. I'm not overly picky but don't want something that's going to look like crap either.

Back at ya

Christian
Just sayin.
I run with the removable Harley (which I think it grossly ugly) on long distance rides. At least I can get it off the bike quickly when not needed.
With a fixed fairing, looking to the site you linked and what they have currently for other Harleys, it would seem (IMO) they would offer a grotesque and heavy appendage for a Fat Bob. Again, IMO.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:48 PM
luckyB
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
that fairing is so over priced wow
+1... and IMHO would look butt ugly on a Fat Bob.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:59 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

try rifle , there roadster fairing is pretty sweet and there customer service is awsome.... http://www.rifle.com/stores/showdetl...adster-Fairing

Quick Reply: Fat bob fairings yet ?