Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XR1200 or FAT BOB

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 02:20 PM
fastkevin
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HunterBLT
Okay
with out going into a lot of details, I am thinking about trading my Fat Bob for a XR1200. Am I nuts?? I came off of a sport bike to the Harley scene. I love the way my FB rides and handles. I went back to my old riding area and the the FB did well but I still missed the ground clearance. My mind is so muddled I can't think straight. Help.
You're asking the internet to make your mind up for you?
I have an XR... I also have a ZX-14, and have road raced for almost two decades.
I bought the XR because I've always liked flat trackers and naked bikes, and couldn't afford the Storz kit for the Sportster. I didn't buy it because I 'wanted a Harley'. I'm not ready to give up that much performance yet.
The XR and Dyna are so different from one another, you need to ask yourself which riding style do you prefer. Nobody can make that decision for you.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:27 PM
HunterBLT
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XR1200 or Fat Bob

Wow didn't expect all the replies. Thanks guys.
While working today I think I came out from under the either.
I don't know what I was thinking. The FB is the only bike and I do mean "the only" bike I have been satisfied with in a long time. It's like a good marriage. It makes me smile to ride it. I think I will try to find a good used crotch rocket. That way my son can ride one and I can ride the other depending on moods. Is this a great land or what. Again thanks for the replies. Be looking for pics of me FB soon. I have changed out the head light and bars and to me gave it a different look.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:44 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by HunterBLT
Wow didn't expect all the replies. Thanks guys.
While working today I think I came out from under the either.
I don't know what I was thinking. The FB is the only bike and I do mean "the only" bike I have been satisfied with in a long time. It's like a good marriage. It makes me smile to ride it. I think I will try to find a good used crotch rocket. That way my son can ride one and I can ride the other depending on moods. Is this a great land or what. Again thanks for the replies. Be looking for pics of me FB soon. I have changed out the head light and bars and to me gave it a different look.

?? look like a street bob now?