Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has bags and windshield on a superglide?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Joe P
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default who has bags and windshield on a superglide?

Do you like what you have and the way it looks?
I was thinking about trading my 06 superglide in on a heriage softail in the spring, but leaning towards keeping it a bit and adding bags, windshield forward controls etc.
Wondering if there are others who have changed their superglides like this and if you were happy with it.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:12 PM
asm481
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I had bags and shield on my Superglide. Was never happy with the setup. Bags to small, shield not shielding enough, seat not right, most of all I wanted floorboards. Looked into boards was worried after doing them I wouldn't be happy just like the bags that just didn't quite fit my use. I ended trading to a Road King and am very very happy I made this move. The Superglide was/is a great bike, just not for what I do most.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:32 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

I've got the HD QD windshield and self-made bags on Easy Brackets. I don't mind how it looks when I need the stuff on there.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:14 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,542 Likes on 2,455 Posts

I'm using the HD leather bags (pricey) with EZ brackets, QD windshield and WG fwd controls on my 02 FXD. That's what you asked about, I also have the sundowner deep bucket seat, HD sissy bar w/smooth bucket low backrest pad and the four bar luggage rack. The bike can be loaded down for trips or stripped lean for the boulevard. My 05 L/R is solo riding only. I used the HD products because they seem to be designed with the bike in mind and I'm very satisfied.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:17 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 453 Likes on 268 Posts

Wife bought herself an FXDL with the QD bags and windshield; lots of cargo capacity esp with the solo rack and bag on that...having said that; it cost the same as an RK.....but it's what she prefers...I have an FXDXT I also prefer over any FLH; I've tried them, too.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:22 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I have a homemade FXDXT also and I find it to be a great compromise. I ride with a guy that has a Road King, and if the road's not straight, he's got no chance.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:17 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 453 Likes on 268 Posts

If the road is straight; FLH's still don't have a chance with my 103...
Here's the two bikes on the way to Sturgis:

Attached Thumbnails who has bags and windshield on a superglide?-touring-duo.jpg  
Old 09-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Brian E
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a Superglide, but I like my FXDL with bags, windshield and touring seat. They are quick disconnect, but they stay on most of the time.

Brian

Old 09-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe P
Wondering if there are others who have changed their superglides like this and if you were happy with it.
The beauty of the Dyna is it's versitile. I hate putting bags and a windshield on my bike, but I do it when it's called for. I've attached a pic of my bike on the Blueridge Parkway earlier this summer.

As soon as I got home, I pulled the windshield, bags, sissybar, etc. off it and ran it around town "naked."

Attached Thumbnails who has bags and windshield on a superglide?-imag0023.jpg  
Old 09-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Royce
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I have an 08 FXDC and have a National Cycle wind screen and Willie & Max bags on her. You can see a pic in my avatar with better ones in my profile pictures. While the pictures are older and don't reflect my Mustang seat or 6" pullback risers with Lowrider bars, you can get a good idea of what the wind screen looks like on the bike. It's pretty minimal, easy to remove and does exactly what I want it to do -- reduce the wind and keep most of the road crap off of me. One of the other nice things about the combo is that it's relatively inexpensive. As for durability, I've had both for 11 years now and they're still going strong. Previously I had them on my '99 1200C.

Quick Reply: who has bags and windshield on a superglide?