Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WG Fat Mini Apes On Bob For Less $ ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:11 AM
hd_sob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WG Fat Mini Apes On Bob For Less $ ?

OK, here's the deal:

Was at the local stealer yesterday throwing money at them for some sh*t that eventually caused me to leave there pissed me off (whole 'nuther story). While there, I inquired about the cost of the H-D Fat Mini-Apes (56832-04/$199) to get an idea what the toal cost might be to have some of these puppies installed on my Bob. Well, the parts guyz at this place are great (service dept is another story) and they will usually steer me clear of 'ripoffs' and suggest a more painless solution. This guy says if I get those bars, the riser kit (56851-04) is another $200, plus the 4 hours labor the service pirates had already quoted me.

He suggested get the stock '06 WG bars (also fat) at $150 and the associated risers (different and better looking than 56851-04) for $100. This brings the total parts cost to $250 vice $400 with better risers (I think so, anyway).

Has anyone else looked into this that can confirm or shine some light to the contrary?

THANKS!

STeve

Old 06-16-2006, 11:35 AM
tommyjeeps
Novice
Default RE: WG Fat Mini Apes On Bob For Less $ ?

I did the same thing and it worked great, running the wires internally really cleaned up the bar. I have a extra set of short 1 1/4 riser that are off a CVO duece that I used until I put the wide glide risers on. I will sell them for 40.00 plus shipping. let me know tomknop@hotmail.com

Old 06-16-2006, 02:01 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "problem" with the stock 1 1/4" bars is that you have to buy the special clamp and risers to fit them. If your speedo is bar mounted, you need a new gauge housing, too.

If you buy Wild1 bars, you don't have to do that. The bars are necked down at the clamp area and the grip area to fit standard H-D risers and clamps. I think the Wild1 bars have a much better ergonomic feel to them, the chroming is better, and they are heavier which reduces vibrations. It will also save you $50.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:30 PM
killer.com
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, Well here goes. I don't know which way you have decided on the mini apes (HD-SOB), and I'm not triing to rob money out of your pocket-(tommyjeeps), I'm just triing to help a brother out or maybe it's called confusing a brother?? Here goes-HD_SOB I took my mini apes and risers off of my wide glide and I installed Wild 1 6" drags on my bike. I have the stock mini apes and risers which are in perfect shaped sitting in the garage. My point is- they are yours for free. Yes I said free, if you want them, just pay for the shipping. I'm a tues-Sat swing shift guy and would have to find a box and pack them up, but if you want them, let me know. I'm heading to work as I type. Eric

Old 06-16-2006, 05:46 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

Dude, I just PM'd ya...

Old 06-16-2006, 08:20 PM
killer.com
Cruiser

Steve- I'm at work and viewed the PM, and will PM you when I'm at home, don't want to do it at work.

1. Yes, the bars are 1 1/4 dia.
2. They are drilled for the internal wiring
3. They are off of my 06 Wide Glide, my bike had maybe 700 miles when I replaced them-I would have to say they are perfect. If You want them PM me with the shipping info and I will ship them out next week, and when you get them you can reimburse me the shipping, and if you stiff me, well- Live and learn. Eric

Old 06-16-2006, 08:21 PM
killer.com
Cruiser

Steve- I'm in the Seattle area.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:49 AM
Gqchris
Cruiser

Killer, I just wanted to say its refreshing to see someone do something cool for another brotha. Thanks....

Old 06-17-2006, 02:28 PM
killer.com
Cruiser

Steve-did ya get the e-mail this morning?

Old 06-17-2006, 04:45 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

ORIGINAL: killer.com

Steve-did ya get the e-mail this morning?
No email, but I did get, and responded to, your PM. Is that what you mean?

STeve

Quick Reply: WG Fat Mini Apes On Bob For Less $ ?