Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on stock low rider/super glide 2 up seat?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:34 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Opinions on stock low rider/super glide 2 up seat?

Hey guys,

Wanted to know what you guys think of these two seats for my 06 street bob. How's the comfort? I loved my fat bob seat that I had but when I put mids back on, the seat had me a bit to close. I wouldn't mind getting another, but I'd like to try a SG/Lowrider 2 up seat first.

Also, if anyone has one they want to sell, HOLLA!

Cheers,
Adrian

Old 09-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Hated the stock seat on my Low Rider - and my wife hated it too.

Not very comfortable.

Sammi

Old 09-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,058 Likes on 1,531 Posts

The stock seat on my Superglide was a 50 miles seat.

After 50 miles I would have to stop and stretch, and as the trip went on it was very uncomfortable.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:54 AM
jsta
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Rider seat

I still have the stock seat on my Low Rider. My complaint against this seat is that it doesen't allow you to slide back and forth. Keeps you pretty much locked in one position. I guess this is the same as you experienced with the street bob seat.

It's not so bad that I've bothered to change it yet, but I will be sore in the tailbone after a 300+ mile ride. What I would like is a seat that allows for movement back and forth.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:37 AM
roofer
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't like your Corbin, I have to agree that the stock seat is a 50 mile seat after that my back starts to hurt, I bought a corbin off ebay but its real narrow and has kind of sharp edges that get to you after a while it was cheap

Old 09-09-2009, 08:37 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have tried both. Neither would I consider comfortable. I was good for 100-200 miles, but it was rough after that.

I currently have a Super Glide two-up I keep as a spare for when I take a passenger riding, and thats not often. The wife bitched so much about the many seats I tried that I had to tell her the next seat she sat on would be on her own bike. She has squalked her way into her own Sportster.

I had a Lower Rider seat but it put my 6'2" frame too close to the bars and the foot controls. The SG seat let me stretch out more.

I have a Mustand Day Tripper Solo now. If I did more two-up riding, I would add the Mustang pillion.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:45 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member

Look for a dyna CVO seat

Old 09-09-2009, 10:00 AM
cricket1116
Cruiser

I didn't find the stock low rider seat comfortable after about 50-60 miles. Main issue is it apparently makes you sit on your tailbone in a way that causes soreness after said mileage for me. I replaced it with a Mustang seat and keeping this one for those weird times in which I "need" a passenger seat.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:22 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 486 Likes on 354 Posts

I have a Low Rider. Half the LOW in Low Rider is the scoop of foam they take out of the seat. Wouldn't recomend one to anybody. I'm looking at one of these. A friend recomended them. I have never tried them. I like the looks as well as the price. Maybe someone with more experience with this company can chime in?

http://www.harleyseats.com/Seat_CC_D...ker_Pillow.htm

Old 09-09-2009, 11:29 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a 07 lowrider seat i put on my bob from time to time... Its a decent seat, although it does push you about an inch so farward (compaired to stock street bob seat). It works for the times i have a passenger on board.

CHECK OUT SIG PIC

Quick Reply: Opinions on stock low rider/super glide 2 up seat?