Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question From new FXDWG owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006 | 03:14 AM
tdheel
|
2nd Gear
Default Question From new FXDWG owner

Greetings. I am a new ower of an '06 Vivid Black Wide Glide. I traded in my Deuce with mixed emotions for the new Glide and the 6spd. transmission as I loved the new retro look . The bike is pretty much stock as I just got it today, but it does have the Wide Tire Kit, Stage 1 Screaming Eagle AC, Chrome Fork sliders, and Python Slip-on (I believe??). To be honest, I am not really happy with the sound of the bike. I had V&H Big Shots on the Deuce, but the slip-ons on this bike sound a little lame. Bike performs well, however. I plan on getting a full exhaust system which brings me to my questions.

1) If I go to a Full exhaust sytem (Probably V&H, Samson), why is it necessary to get the ECU reflashed/programmed. I understand the importance of the Air fuel ratio, etc. However, isn't this bike with 02 sensors a closed loop system? Won't the computer relearn air fuel ratios on it's own??? Sorry if this is appears to be a dumb question, it's just that my other bike was carbed and I'm kind of new to the FI thing so any help is appreciated. How much am I looking at in labor to do this kind of tuning/reprogramming i?

2) If I decide to go the full exhaust system route (contingent on money situation) soon, I'll have a brand new set of slip-ons. Not sure if anyone with a stock set-up would be interested but let me know how much they are worth to you. I'll need to get my new exhaust first. The slip-on were added on by dealer before I even saw the bike.

Sorry to be long winded and look forward to talking to you guys in the future.

Thanks in advance....

TD

Old 06-14-2006 | 06:48 AM
man4mopar
Road Master
Default RE: Question From new FXDWG owner

The closed loop system on the dyna is not closed loop throughout throttle range nor all load conditions. In the areas it is closed loop yes it would return to a 14.5 to 1 AFR give or take .2 . With your stage one download I assume dealer did when they changed the slip-ons and air cleaner, it should be close. Otherwise a custom map can be done with either a SERT, PCIII, DTT TCFI or some other means.
Enjoy the new bike and put on many good miles.

Happy trails.

Old 06-14-2006 | 01:16 PM
superdog48
Tourer

I have had the Stage 1 download done to my bike before I added the SE A/C and it ran good. Later the bike started running bad and I brought it to the dealer. My injectors where the 8 degree and they installed the 25 degree. The bike runs great.

Old 06-14-2006 | 01:35 PM
Realstandman
Intermediate

I have a 06 WG, and just got V&H Big Shots stagered. They look and sound great. They did the Stage 1 at the same time. It has alot more throttle response now.