Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a really comfortable seat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:12 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What is a really comfortable seat?

I bought the H-D Tallboy seat for my 06 FXDI and I love it and so does the Mrs. It really makes the bike alot more comfortable for the taller riders and it also has lots of padding for the passenger as well. The Tallboy seat combined with my new Hwy pegs gives me the comfort that I was looking for on the longer rides. While the Tallboy seat does look a lil bulkier than most of the others out there,....I havent heard anyone on these forums complain about driver or passenger comfort.

I'll include a pic of mine with it on.

Name:  seat001.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  107.1 KB

John

Old 06-13-2006, 12:25 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dynablue2

I now have 700 miles on my 06 FXDI. I swapped out the stock solo seat for a Sundowner Solo since mile 1. This seat is killing my butt after 100 miles or so. Hot spots like I've never had on any seat. How long do these things take to break in? What's a really comfortable seat on a Dyna?
If you're not comfortable on a sundowner...I don't know dude..you're gonna have a tough time. I, too, have the pillow-look...and the sidekick...like them both...have done 200 plus mile rides with no problems.

Todd

Old 06-13-2006, 12:38 AM
route2null0
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: veniculum

I now have 700 miles on my 06 FXDI. I swapped out the stock solo seat for a Sundowner Solo since mile 1. This seat is killing my butt after 100 miles or so. Hot spots like I've never had on any seat. How long do these things take to break in? What's a really comfortable seat on a Dyna?
If you're not comfortable on a sundowner...I don't know dude..you're gonna have a tough time. I, too, have the pillow-look...and the sidekick...like them both...have done 200 plus mile rides with no problems.

Todd
That is cuz Todd has a scrawny ***.. he's not a big ol boy like me!

Old 06-13-2006, 01:39 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: route2null0

ORIGINAL: veniculum

Todd
That is cuz Todd has a scrawny ***.. he's not a big ol boy like me!
Got that right man....it's called white guy disease...big waist and no ***. When the hell is Levis gonna make some jeans that will fit my *** and legs...and that I can actually button at the same time (instead of using the old "string" trick). Not to mention...I think when I die, my arms will automatically move into the pulling up the pants position. I need to have the opposite of liposuction...put a little fat in my *** so my pants don't fall down

Todd

Old 06-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Babe
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought HD's dual Touring Seat, which I fit for any journey over 100 miles, and it solves two problems: the pain in the backside caused by the stock seat, and the ear ache from the wife's moaning!

Old 06-13-2006, 02:20 AM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a Mustang 2 piece classic touring seat. Actually, I bought the seat before I bought the bike. This is the thrid bike with the same style seat. Just love it. It's easily a 10 hour seat.

I've heard good things about a Corbin, too. But I don't like the idea of perforated leather; it will soak up water fairly easily. Then it takes time to dry out after being parked in a good rain storm. But they are still pretty popular.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:33 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Dglide04 do you have a pic of that Vintage on your bike? I like their solos but haven't seen one on a Dyna.
Name:  b849b1f0.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  22.4 KB

Wide Vintage and Motherwell rack just in case Dglide04 doesn't have a pic.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:30 AM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

I purchased my used 98 Wide Glide with a Corbin Classic Solo on it. I liked it so much I purchased the Corbin Dual Tour for two up riding. Do a search on the forum for Corbin, Classic Solo and Dual Tour and you'll see some comments from me and others.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:13 AM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll post a picture of the standard Vintage solo as soon as I get home from work this afternoon. The standard is a little narrower across the back than the wide Vintage solo, it just covers the tops of the shock mounts. I'll get a few photos posted.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Rapture Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im running the lepera sorrento gell seat on my fxd. Its a big improvement over stock and looks great but i wouldnt call it an all day seat. And yes as mentioned the gell does heat up in the sun and its really amazing how long it holds that heat, but on a cool day thats actually a plus. Otherwise i try to leave something covering it when parked in the sun.

Quick Reply: What is a really comfortable seat?