Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshiels and windvests??? for Bobber

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:18 PM
makoshark333
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshiels and windvests??? for Bobber

Okay, I'm a *****. I am thinking of a shield for the long rides. Not only after a couple hours do I arms get longer but am not interested in losing teeth. I have ridden long distance and extreme cold weather w/ a full face but am thinking of some type of windshield. I want a detachable something or other. If you don't look thru the windshield, do you still catch it in the face? Also, I like the clean look of a windvest but again want to keep the majority of the bugs and such out of my face w/ the 1/2 helnmet. Is there much adjustment to them>? I prefer to keep my lid from rattling cause of the wind. Have seen that happen before? Any info will be a help. Thanks Mako[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 06-12-2006, 01:19 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain
Default RE: Windshiels and windvests??? for Bobber

get a different bike, I think the electra glide is what your looking for.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:29 PM
rj164
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I use a detactable windshield for long Highway riding, and it helps great deal, about town and no highway ride nothing, a friend has the windvest and loves it, you will have to try them to see which you like.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:30 PM
makoshark333
Cruiser

hahahahahahahahahahaha, I have been thinking of a winnebago type for a long (10 hr) ride but too many buttons and *****! Mako

Old 06-12-2006, 01:30 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, Thar ya go! Ya, that's not very nayborlee of ya thar Mr. Minneapolis, no lutafisk far you tonight now. But seriously, I took off my windshield from my Bob this weekend cause it just didn't look right. I'll use it for really long trips, but anything under 100 miles one way is a day cruise and I wear my sealed Bobster glasses and my cheap a$$ gestapo brain bucket with the liner cut out. The standard height clear HD windshield I have is the quick detach and actually works great, on and off in almost no time, too.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:41 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

I was just kidding. The shields arent for me, but hey if you want one then by all means get one. Your gonna here a lot of different opinions on here. A guy on here once told me opinions are like a__ h____ ! Everyone has one. So get whatever floats your boat

Old 06-12-2006, 01:42 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Windvest does fine,just enough to knock the wind off your chest and catch the bugs.

I wear a half-helmet and have the windshield adjusted low enough to look easily over the top.The lip at the top kicks the bugs away from your face.

Rode to Orange Beach the other nite for dinner with my Son and some friends. The windshield was literally covered with dead bugs and none hit me. I can't see riding at nite in the south without a windshield.

There's plenty of adjustment with the Windvest,up or down by an inch or two and tilt as far as you want. When I first got mine I had it at the same angle as the forks and got a lot of helmet buffeting,kept adjusting forward til it went away and it's fine.

You still get plenty of wind from under the shield and around the gas tank.Tank lift and tool bag at the base of the shield makes a lot of difference.

Good Luck

Tom

Name:  de5325c2.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  22.1 KB

Old 06-12-2006, 01:44 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member

Windvest does fine,just enough to knock the wind off your chest and catch the bugs.

I wear a half-helmet and have the windshield adjusted low enough to look easily over the top.The lip at the top kicks the bugs away from your face.

Rode to Orange Beach the other nite for dinner with my Son and some friends. The windshield was literally covered with dead bugs and none hit me. I can't see riding at nite in the south without a windshield.

There's plenty of adjustment with the Windvest,up or down by an inch or two and tilt as far as you want. When I first got mine I had it at the same angle as the forks and got a lot of helmet buffeting,kept adjusting forward til it went away and it's fine.

You still get plenty of wind from under the shield and around the gas tank.Tank lift and tool bag at the base of the shield makes a lot of difference.

Good Luck

Tom

Name:  de5325c2.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  22.1 KB

Old 06-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

I took a 300mi run yesterday and, I gotta tell ya, it was rough. Of course, highway wind wasn't the problem. It was the constant onshore flow from the Pacific giving me a brutal crosswind the whole way there and back. As much as I thought I would be against such things, I would actually consider some sort of windvest for these longer runs to cut down on some of the turbulence. Of course, not having highway pegs or forwards probably added to my discomfort as well. THAT...and the fact that I was doing a constant 70-75mph instead of a much milder 60 or so. Anyhoo...not complaining. It was cool and I felt like a road warrior compared to the guys on the baggers I was passing left and right. [&:]

Whiff

Old 06-12-2006, 01:51 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member

Sorry for the double post,don't know how I did it and don't know how to undo it.

Quick Reply: Windshiels and windvests??? for Bobber