Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is thier diffrent rear axle nut cover for a 06 dyna

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006 | 01:32 PM
jackyl
|
Elite HDF Member
Default is thier diffrent rear axle nut cover for a 06 dyna

iam about to install a chrome swingarm and pully to my bobber.i need a set of rear axle covers for it.but on the harley website they only have the scripted one for the 06 dynas,i dont really care for them.i was woundering if thier is diffrent one,s to buy for it.i was woundering if some people have some pics of them on thier bike,so i can see what they look like.the scripted look to bulky but i could be wrong,wouldnt be the first time

Old 06-11-2006 | 01:41 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Default RE: is thier diffrent rear axle nut cover for a 06 dyna

I have the scripted ones. They're the only ones available for the 06 dynas. I was told that no other covers (from previous years) will fit. At first, I wasn't sure if I'd like them....but they've grown on me, and now I think they look good. Unfortunately, if you really don't like them, you really don't have any other options...at least from HD.

Todd

Old 06-11-2006 | 01:45 PM
jackyl
|
Elite HDF Member

dam i was fearing that.veniculum do you have any pics of them on your bike,so i can see what they look like on a bike.they dont show a good pic of them on the website.thanks

Old 06-11-2006 | 08:43 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior

There is only one available for the 06 Dyna that I am aware of. This is the one on my SG.

John

I kinda like the look of them,... I think they would look pretty good on a chrome swingarm,... but hey I just love chrome,....LOL

Name:  rbrak01.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  113.8 KB

Old 06-11-2006 | 11:40 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member

That does look good. Very nice.

Old 06-11-2006 | 11:59 PM
jackyl
|
Elite HDF Member

thanks jmbear328 for the pics.they look alot better then i thoughht.will made that easy for me .

Old 06-12-2006 | 02:25 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior

JMs closeup pics are better than anything I have...but yeah..I think they look good....and most pictures don't do them justice. I had a tough time getting the exhaust side cover on...little bit of a tight squeeze. In my opinion...anything's better than just having that ugly bolt uncovered. Even if you don't love the HD covers, they're better than nothing.

Todd

Old 06-12-2006 | 11:45 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior

veniculum,

Luckily my slipons are alot thinner in diameter than the stock slipons,...so I didnt have any trouble getting the covers on the exhaust side but If they had been a hair larger it would have been difficult. But noting has been as big of a pain in the butt as when I changed out my handlebar control switches and screws with chrome ones yesterday, but the final look was worth all the hassle.

John

Old 06-12-2006 | 06:52 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: jmbear328

veniculum,

Luckily my slipons are alot thinner in diameter than the stock slipons,...so I didnt have any trouble getting the covers on the exhaust side but If they had been a hair larger it would have been difficult. But noting has been as big of a pain in the butt as when I changed out my handlebar control switches and screws with chrome ones yesterday, but the final look was worth all the hassle.

John
I have the SE 2s...which ones do you have?
Got any pics of the handlebars?

Todd

Old 06-13-2006 | 11:28 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior

I have a set of Dyon Power tapered slipons. They are alot slimmer in diameter than most slipons. Here is the bars pic. Next week I'm adding the matching H-D chrome flame grips,.... and a set of Drag Bars will be soon.

John

Name:  swth001.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  86.3 KB

Name:  swth002.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  62.0 KB

Name:  swth003.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  63.4 KB

Quick Reply: is thier diffrent rear axle nut cover for a 06 dyna