Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin eagle heavy breather!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Stiffpoison666
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screamin eagle heavy breather!!!!!!!

So my first plans for my 09 SB are v/h short shots, fuel pack, and SE Heavy breather.......im planning on doing the work my self and at the same time, ill be damn if im gonna pay the fools $500 to turn a couple of wrenches, (F****k That). First question to you guys is should i buy the parts from the dealer or is there anywhere cheaper that i can get them????? second is, i've read the manuals on how to slap on all of the vance & Hince, and it seems simple enough but im not too sure on the SE heavy breather, if any one here has some experience on slapping on one of these son-of-a-bitch on i sure would apprecieate the info on them and how to's??????

Old 08-31-2009, 06:37 PM
09B29
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Stiffpoison666
So my first plans for my 09 SB are v/h short shots, fuel pack, and SE Heavy breather.......im planning on doing the work my self and at the same time, ill be damn if im gonna pay the fools $500 to turn a couple of wrenches, (F****k That). First question to you guys is should i buy the parts from the dealer or is there anywhere cheaper that i can get them????? second is, i've read the manuals on how to slap on all of the vance & Hince, and it seems simple enough but im not too sure on the SE heavy breather, if any one here has some experience on slapping on one of these son-of-a-bitch on i sure would apprecieate the info on them and how to's??????
Dont get the fuel pack

Get a Power Comander
you will be happier

Old 08-31-2009, 06:45 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think, if I was going to buy of it at once, I would, call fuelmoto and ask about their package deals. With the power command V you can get a canned map from him that will work fine, plus you have the option to buy an autotune unit later. You do not have the option of auto tune with the fuelpac.
Sorry, just noticed I was in the dyna section.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Stiffpoison666
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 07superglide107
Dont get the fuel pack

Get a Power Comander
you will be happier

what is a power comander and what is the difference??????

Old 08-31-2009, 06:54 PM
tstammer
Advanced
Default Breather

Stiff,

I have the same set up that you want to do, I seem to have lost H.P. since installing the breather. I only have 350 miles on the bike and was told when I have 1000 miles on it to have it retuned. Im not happy with the results hopefully it will change when they retune the bike. I had it installed as part of the purchase.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Stiffpoison666
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tstammer
Stiff,

I have the same set up that you want to do, I seem to have lost H.P. since installing the breather. I only have 350 miles on the bike and was told when I have 1000 miles on it to have it retuned. Im not happy with the results hopefully it will change when they retune the bike. I had it installed as part of the purchase.

Thats what i was told to do to my bike originally by the dealer and a couple of friends, they said to get it retuned so i started to do some research on it, sounds like the dealer wants to install and retune the bike, but of course these f**ks want upwards of $500 for the install and retune. im not too sure about that because then im stuck with the set up that they tune the bike too then if i decide to do any other changes i would have to bring it back to them and fork out another $500. just a question to you did you install the breather after you already had the fuel pack on the bike???????

Old 08-31-2009, 07:19 PM
tstammer
Advanced
Default Breather

No the exhaust and breather were installed as part of the deal to purchase. They installed the Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner. Im hoping they just toned it down a little until the bike gets broken in, not that Im taking it easy on the bike. I will update when the bike is retuned, as for paying them when they retune the bike it is on them. The bike looks good though.

Tom

Old 08-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Stiffpoison666
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tstammer
No the exhaust and breather were installed as part of the deal to purchase. They installed the Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner. Im hoping they just toned it down a little until the bike gets broken in, not that Im taking it easy on the bike. I will update when the bike is retuned, as for paying them when they retune the bike it is on them. The bike looks good though.

Tom
OOOH ok got ya. i would really like to know how it all turns out for you....since i live up here in denver i will be doing all of this during the long cold winter so i still have some time before i make my final decision on what to fork out all this cash on....can you at least tell me if the short shots sound nice?????? do they have a nice throughty rumbling sound to them?????

Old 08-31-2009, 07:28 PM
lhcstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everything you want to install is pretty easy. i did just about the same things on my bike with never doing any work to any bike before it wasnt to bad at all ...also i would also get the pcv over the fuel pak. i had one and didnt like it my bike ran like garbage . the pcv lets you tune the bike the fuel pak only uses its own maps ...good luck there is alotof good info on here just do some searching...

Old 08-31-2009, 07:29 PM
scott63
Cruiser

The Short shots are not a high performance exhaust. The Heavy Breather offers no better performance than a SE or Ness Big Sucker intake. If you like the looks then go with that.

Quick Reply: Screamin eagle heavy breather!!!!!!!