Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin eagle heavy breather!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed both my V&H Big Radius pipes, and the SE heavy breather here a couple days ago, and really, it's not that bad. The breather was a piece of cake, and the worst part of installing the pipes was getting the lower mount bolts in. Plus, make sure you screw on the O2 sensors FIRST. Especially the rear one. I'll be taking mine some time this week to the dealer to get them to download the map for my setup. Honestly, from what I've been told, unless you plan to make lots of changes and play with your setup, there's no real reason to buy the power commander or the fuel pak.

I was very pleased with the performance increase that I got from the new setup, and I can't wait to see how much better it does once the dealer updates the software.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Stiffpoison666
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lhcstreetbob
everything you want to install is pretty easy. i did just about the same things on my bike with never doing any work to any bike before it wasnt to bad at all ...also i would also get the pcv over the fuel pak. i had one and didnt like it my bike ran like garbage . the pcv lets you tune the bike the fuel pak only uses its own maps ...good luck there is alotof good info on here just do some searching...

how hard is it to tune with this pcv??? to what im seeing you need a computer that hooks up to this device right???? second with this being my first bike im like a retard at a university with motorcycles stuff, is there a place where i can get the numbers to put on this pcv for my set up????

Old 08-31-2009, 11:18 PM
lhcstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you buy it from fuel moto it comes ready to go just plug it in and you are ready to go.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiffpoison666
how hard is it to tune with this pcv??? is there a place where i can get the numbers to put on this pcv for my set up????
Stiff, look here.
http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

They also have the Power Package which includes the exhaust, breather, and fuel management system. At least look into the package. Otherwise, jamie is still 'the guy' to get the PC-V from. He'll set it up for your bike & stage 1 equipment. All you'll have to do is plug it in and ride off into the sunset...

Old 09-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Stiffpoison666
Intermediate

Looks like this pcv is going under my to add list. Thanx guys defenetly learning alot from this forum.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:18 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

SE HB was about a half hour job. I did it 'cuz I was damn tired of my knee banging into the football. Love the look and sound of it.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everything you mentioned is an easy install...take your time. I installed the SE HB about a month ago and am not really caring for the looks. Debating going back to the Ness B/S. BTW, the V&H SS are loud but not a deep sound and the sound is raspy. Had 'em on previous ride and didn't like them. Spend a little more and get a full exhaust.

Last edited by Cornhusker; 09-01-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Bobbed Out
Tourer

is it black? want to sell it?

Originally Posted by 07 StreetBob
Everything you mentioned is an easy install...take your time. I installed the SE HB about a month ago and am not really caring for the looks. Debating going back to the Ness B/S. BTW, the V&H SS are loud but not a deep sound and the sound is raspy. Had 'em on previous ride and didn't like them. Spend a little more and get a full exhaust.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobbed Out
is it black? want to sell it?
You could almost guess by my sig. pic that it's chrome.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Bobbed Out
Tourer

Originally Posted by 07 StreetBob
You could almost guess by my sig. pic that it's chrome.
yeah i figured as much .. but ya just gotta ask

Quick Reply: Screamin eagle heavy breather!!!!!!!