Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

8 to 25 degree injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Big D
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8 to 25 degree injectors

I have read about the M 1185 service bulletin and past posts on this forum, my question is , is it worth getting done and does it make a difference in how the bike runs out, has anybody had this done and with what results and recommendation. my bike is an 06 stock Dyna, I had the tranny recall done and it seems alot better to be able to get into neutral . I do get a slight surge when riding but thought that it was just a normal Harley thing, sometimes it has a hard time starting after being riden then shut down and restarted a few minutes later (gas stop fill up) wanna get this taken care of

Old 06-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 8 to 25 degree injectors

Doesn't sound like you have the issues described in the bulletin.
If you have a problem, it fixes issues. If you don't, you probably wont notice a difference.

Old 06-10-2006, 03:13 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,071 Likes on 348 Posts

I have the 8 deg's. I have yet to have a problem, with 2600 miles so far on a '06 SG custom. I have a PCIII, SC high flow A/C and punched out the baffles on my mufflers. So far so good. I dont know why there is such a variance in the injectors, they are either good, or bad. funny how than can make a difference from bike to bike. I am not even going to worry about it...yet. I dont know what more miles would do, but its hangin' tough now. Knock on wood!

Old 06-10-2006, 03:59 PM
killer.com
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BigD-I had a slight surge at low speed when I was just barley on the throttle, and as noticed it hard to start when hot? I took it in because of the surge and if I remember the bullet says that bikes after a certain build date would have the 25* injectors, so in she went. After three days, the service manager said they replaced the injectors but the bike also needs the tranny recall. It's been a total of three weeks (harley didn't have the parts to ship). I just spoke to the dealer and the bike is ready, I just can't get it until tomorrow. Sorry can't report if the surge and starting have changed. But I'd get it done if the dealer will-just because Harley decided to change the injectors on the production bikes after a certain date. Just my .02

Old 06-10-2006, 04:35 PM
tiger
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big-d

I had my injectors replaced on my 06 dyna [totaly stock] the bike is a hdi model as i live in the uk i did not have any starting problems or real surging problems the tech said they would not make any difference, the bike was always hard to ride at slow speeds 25-30 mph when i went to pick the bike up the service manager said the tech that worked on the bike had told him it made quite a difference. After riding i feel that the bike runs much smoother and pickes up speed better i would not say its a performance increace but it does ride better than before, hope this helps.

Old 06-10-2006, 10:48 PM
rrhemi
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

I just had mine done also. No real performance increase. It doesn't cough thru the AC anymore.
It seems smoother overall. Bike will run as low as 1900 rpm in hi gear without lugging. I used to
have to keep it over 2200 rpm.