Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Power mufflers installed [pics]

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superglide06
your bike looks great...is that the stock seat?
Thanks. You can read about the seat here.

This is the most comfortable seat I've tried on my Super Glide. I did 222 miles on it last Sunday with no discomfort at all.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:28 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary7
Because that's what these were originally made to fit. But they will fit 06-10 Dynas.
Thanks, Just wanted to make sure what you got were the same ones I found on the auction. Are these going to be keepers for you or are you going to go back to your previous mufflers? Are you running a tuner or a HD down load right now? They are exactly what I have been looking for, so thanks again for the heads up!
CB

Old 08-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
Thanks, Just wanted to make sure what you got were the same ones I found on the auction. Are these going to be keepers for you or are you going to go back to your previous mufflers? Are you running a tuner or a HD down load right now? They are exactly what I have been looking for, so thanks again for the heads up!
CB
These are keepers. I won't be going back to my modified Street Bob muffs.

No tuner, no download...and none planned.

If you get these, post back and let us know how you like 'em.

Edit: If you do get these be sure to look at the markings on the back side where the mount is for the bracket because these are marked "F" and "R" for front and rear.

Last edited by Gary7; 08-29-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:14 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I picked up a set, like you say 40.00. Hell, you can barely pick up a set of stockers for that. They should be here by Friday. Did you use new clamps?
CB

Old 08-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
I picked up a set, like you say 40.00. Hell, you can barely pick up a set of stockers for that. They should be here by Friday. Did you use new clamps?
CB
I used clamps that had only been used once, but new clamps would work best. Getting used clamps onto the muffs was a bitch. I actually had to get the clamp about 1/3 the way on, then tighten down to constrict the muffler opening, then loosen the clamp, then wiggle it on down. I think new clamps would be open enough that they should slip right on.

Either way, make sure you keep the clamp right at the edge of the muffler opening so you'll get a good seal when you tighten 'em down. The expansion joints on these are not as long as on stock pipes.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:12 AM
HeyDoc
Cruiser
Received 116 Likes on 64 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice find, and thanks for the write-up Gary.I just ordered a set. At that price worth a try!

Old 09-02-2009, 08:05 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered a pair as well. Any popping on decel?

Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by doublenaughtspy
Just ordered a pair as well. Any popping on decel?
Yep. Any muff of this diameter that allows some of the exhaust to flow straight through is going to pop when you decelerate.

NB: Even the stock muffs pop a little on deceleration, it just gets muffled by the fiberglass packing.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:45 PM
HeyDoc
Cruiser
Received 116 Likes on 64 Posts
Thumbs up

Update. Slip ons arrived today and are on the bike already. My initial impression was "these are shorter and narrower than I thought". Mounting was a very simple, 20 minute procedure. Fit and chrome quality are very good. The narrow diameter allows more visibility of the muffler support bracket than stock. The baffle is tack welded in place and is pretty much "straight thru" with a small tang. The sound quality, to me, is suprisingly good. After firing it up in the garage, I thought, TOO LOUD. Out in the drive way, much more tolerable. 20 mile road trip, very pleasant. Deep mellow tone, not at all "raspy" even at full throttle. The decel "popping" is a muted "burbble", if that makes sense.Again, not obnoxious. Overall, good pipes, great value. My only reservation is the narrow, almost straight pipe, diameter. I will post pics on the weekend.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by HeyDoc
Update. Slip ons arrived today and are on the bike already. My initial impression was "these are shorter and narrower than I thought". Mounting was a very simple, 20 minute procedure. Fit and chrome quality are very good. The narrow diameter allows more visibility of the muffler support bracket than stock. The baffle is tack welded in place and is pretty much "straight thru" with a small tang. The sound quality, to me, is suprisingly good. After firing it up in the garage, I thought, TOO LOUD. Out in the drive way, much more tolerable. 20 mile road trip, very pleasant. Deep mellow tone, not at all "raspy" even at full throttle. The decel "popping" is a muted "burbble", if that makes sense.Again, not obnoxious. Overall, good pipes, great value. My only reservation is the narrow, almost straight pipe, diameter. I will post pics on the weekend.
I was really surprised at the sound of these muffs, too. They are not at all "brassy" like the Cycle Shacks I tried on my Sportster. And they are deeper than you would expect from a muff this diameter with no glass packing. Overall, they give a really nice, vintage Harley rumble.

Quick Reply: Dyno Power mufflers installed [pics]