Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

+3 forwards??? - need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Ohrider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default +3 forwards??? - need help

My forward controls were already on the bike when I bought it and I guess I just thought all "forwards" were the same at the time. After looking at a buddies bike I realized mine are out further than his which would be why I felt like I was stretching to reach them (I'm right at 6'). Now that I have changed from the Badlander seat to a C&C Tour I have to stretch even further to the point where it is not comfortable to ride because my thighs are slammed against the air cleaner trying to reach.

Now to my questions....Based on the pictures can anyone tell me if these are +1, +2, or +3's?

Second question.....Do I have to buy all new linkage or is there a way to just buy the bracket and change them back to "regular" forwards?

Final question.....Is this an easy swap out and can I keep my current foot controls?

Also, if someone has a set of standard forward controls send me a pm...would be willing to buy outright or I have a Badlander seat that is collecting dust.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:28 PM
thomaskray
Road Master

those look like Kury three inch extensions. You can remove the extension plate easily but you'll need shorter linkage rods and you can keep your current foot controls. Once the plate is removed, the foot control just bolts directly to the frame.

Check around on here. Some people might be willing to trade you their linkage for your linkage and extension plates. I traded with CountryPunk to get my extensions. He sent me his plates and rods and I sent him mine. It was a cool deal.

Last edited by thomaskray; 08-25-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Ohrider
Advanced

ok....just got off the phone with my dealer

The shifter linkage is $23 and the brake rod linkage is $27....are there any other parts I need to make the switch back???? Seems to cheap and easy!!!

Old 08-25-2009, 03:26 PM
thomaskray
Road Master

just remove the plates, move the controls back to the frame, attach the shorter rods. it's that easy.

Last edited by thomaskray; 08-25-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:34 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing to it! If you're willing to be patient, it could be as cheap as one way shipping for a trade with a member, rather than $50 through the dealer. Your choice.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Ohrider
Advanced

ok....little snag....not sure what I am missing here?

When I got home and looked at my bike the bracket is the controls if that makes sense. They extention and the footrest are one in the same....I do not see two holes that would line up with the holes in the frame at all. I took a few pictures on my phone so hopefully I can download them soon but my intitial impression is that I will need all new forwards.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Ohrider
Advanced

Ok....here are the pics....tell me what I am missing so that I can feel stupid!!!!!

Old 08-25-2009, 06:03 PM
busch
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You dont have ext plates, I'm sure you can sell them on here see if you can get someone to swap with a little cash

Last edited by busch; 08-25-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:55 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have that exact set up on my bike. They are one piece so there is no making them shorter, you will need new forwards if you want them shorter. Sorry.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Ohrider
Advanced

Dang it!!!!!!

Nothing can be easy.....if anyone has standards and wants to make a deal send me a pm!!!

Quick Reply: +3 forwards??? - need help