Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

500 Mile service on my '09 Super Glide Custom

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:30 AM
ScottieBaseball
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007fxdc
Unless something has changed, per the owner's manual, the official first service is 1000 miles. Nothing wrong with changing the oil at 500 miles though. What the dealer is feeding you is most likely a crock of chit. I had my dealer do my 1k and 5k services but my indy did my 10k and either he or I will do them all from here on out. I didn't have my dealer do the others because they told me I had to to maintain my warranty, I just didn't know any better at the time. But on the very first service, I am convinced they did nothing more than change the fluids and charge me for an entire service.

If you are in doubt, call the motor company and ask them. I've had dealers tell me that anyone could do the service as long as it was documented along with the mileage and the warranty would still be valid. It's the manufacturer that gives and honors the warranty, not the dealer. So, get it from the horse's mouth so to speak.
Good call. I'll call HD and ask what I need exactly. I've been told just saving receipts and keeping a "service log" is all I need to do, but it's best to get it straight from the manufacturer. Thanks!!!