Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Glide Custom

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Shark46
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 09 FXD. I am not a big fan of the chrome, and prefer the higher mounted speedo. I have gone on trips of 2,500 miles in one week at speeds of between 80mph and 90mph hauling all kinds of stuff and never had a problem! It is great around town for the quick trips too. I put on slip-ons, stage 1 AC and Xieds. Love it!! Fast and runs cool with the richer A/F mixture.

Bottom line, if you like chrome and a tank mounted speedo, go for the custom...if not then go with the plain. You won't be sorry about either decision.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:18 PM
fxdcrusty
Advanced

Go for a Black one, they're more nimble than the Red ones. I love my FXDC way more than I should. Mine is still pretty much stock and it always does what I want it to. Best purchase I ever made.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:56 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

If I had it to over again, I think I'd go for the Super Glide custom. Especially now that the motor is black, instead of silver.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:22 PM
sibur
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a sportster for sale in the classifieds now, I wish I would have gotten the Dyna to begin with. I hardly notice the extra weight of the Dyna but the ride is so much smoother on the Dyna and the motor is just loafing at 70mph, riding 2 up is not a problem and the xtra range with the larger tank on the Dyna is a good thing for traveling. Good luck with whatever bike you choose and most importantly get the one you want.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:36 PM
djwhaley
Road Captain

The fxdc also has a larger gas tank. Ill keep mine!!

Old 08-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jaysonL
If I had it to over again, I think I'd go for the Super Glide custom. Especially now that the motor is black, instead of silver.
I think you're confused with the Street Bob. The 2010 FXD motor is grey, FXDC is chrome and FXDB is black.

I'm leaning towards the FXD. I think I'll eventually ride 2-up but only after getting used to the feel....so I don't really care about having the 2-up seat right away.

I'm taking my MSF this weekend....so, I'll be in the market soon after. Most of the people I talk to say getting the FXD won't feel much different than a 1200C (to a newbie). The FXD has a lower center of gravity so it's kind of makes it seem as "light" as the 1200C.

The second I get it....I'll be back to post pictures.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:45 PM
R-Jay
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love it! 96 inches of fire breathing, fuel injected, twin cammed, heavy metal thunder shuffeled through a six speed gear box lets you eat up the miles!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:28 PM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lilspanky
Buy the custom, I love it. And yes the the difference in price is worth it for all the chrome, trust me i checked into it you'll be glad you did it. Good Luck
what he says get the custom it a great looking bike

Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Punchsmack
I think you're confused with the Street Bob. The 2010 FXD motor is grey, FXDC is chrome and FXDB is black.

No, I'm not confused ! The 2010 FXDC motor is black, with chrome covers....unlike the previous years having the silver motor with chrome covers.
http://z.about.com/d/motorcycles/1/0...-/10_FXD_R.jpg

Old 08-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Punchsmack
Road Captain

After looking at it closer, it appears you're right. Sorry, the black is hard to see with all the chrome accents covering the outside.

Quick Reply: Super Glide Custom