Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signal and ghost brackets (D/U warning)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 06:27 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
Looks nice, I like the idea. Keep an eye on the plastic bracket for cracking though. Maybe fender washers under the bolt heads for extra support.

Mike

Mike
I am kinda in that position right now of having to relocate the back turn sigs and

that was my thought on this one ....if your mounting your sigs into plastic...wouldn't it crack over time?

Old 08-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyTrish
....if your mounting your sigs into plastic...wouldn't it crack over time?
Not to sound stupid, but isn't the brake light and the license plate mounted to the same plastic? It's not like they weigh 10 or 15 pounds. And it's fairly hefty plastic. I think it's ingenius...

Old 08-17-2009, 06:55 PM
883 IRON
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonthere
Looks pretty good but I would have soldered and shrink wrapped the wires instead of crimping them. I've always had sh*tty luck with crimps.
I'm with Don on that too, out there flapping in the wind will cause a problem sooner than later IMHO

Old 08-17-2009, 07:58 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

UGH! Why do people snip wires? The HD connectors pop open, the wires push right out. Take it apart, put it back together... easy man.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:24 AM
danktat
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, kind of. The whole plastic stop light/license plate mount/bracket thing. It's the same thing you have, only I don't have turn signal holes drilled in the sides...

Personally, I think it's a great idea and will hold up well.
diggitt....can't have "too many" spare parts when it comes to a motorcycle....lol I am sure I can put it to some use at some point.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:02 AM
04fxdwgi
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldMike
Looks nice, I like the idea. Keep an eye on the plastic bracket for cracking though. Maybe fender washers under the bolt heads for extra support.

Mike

Mike
Did the EXACT same thing on my '04 WG back in '05, except did the solder / shring wrap connections. Have had zero problems w/ the bracket failing. Used same Ghost brackets also and have been perfect for me, even clear the axle covers that HD says you can't use w/ bags, thanx to the 5 deg rake on the brackets. Used S/S snap in hole plugs from hardware store to fill extra holes in fender support after turn signal removal

Attached Thumbnails Turn signal and ghost brackets (D/U warning)-bike-4-right-rear-a.jpg  
Old 11-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Mk1Racer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool mod, I'll be doing this this winter. I'll probably make a small bracket to reinforce the bolts from the back. Small piece of flat stock w/ 2 holes drilled in it to match the holes for the signals. Nicely done sir! :thumbup:

Old 11-06-2009, 04:56 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

that looks and works out great! solder that and shrink wrap it or you run the risk of shorting stuff out or just having them stop working in general... as the don recomended

Old 11-06-2009, 05:05 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
UGH! Why do people snip wires? The HD connectors pop open, the wires push right out. Take it apart, put it back together... easy man.
yeah in my experience he should have been able to just disconnect from the bulb housing and not even need to do anything with the wires except thread them out the holes they were routed through. Unless, of course, length was taken out of em.

Anyway... great location for the signals IMHO. If the plastic does not hold, there are metal license bracket options out there I believe.

Last edited by rounder; 11-06-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:08 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Dan...good job. Can I make a suggestion? Buy shorter signal stalks so they tuck in nice a tight to the bike.

I believe they come in the 'rear turn signal relocation kit' available from the MoCo.

Quick Reply: Turn signal and ghost brackets (D/U warning)