Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna owners get the shaft...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:16 AM
kinken
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna owners get the shaft...

I'm new to this site but I have been reading alot of the posts and I love the fact that I can communicate, learn,see pictures etc etc from other Dyna owners. I am suprised that I haven't read anything about the lack of aftermarket parts offered for the Dyna line. Someone out there has to feel the same way I do. So many companies out there just ignore anything that isn't a Softail and it kind of pisses me off. You can find ANYTHING for a Softail. I mean I understand the chopper and old school FADS are whats cool right now but man...the Dynas just get no respect. Am I crazy or does anyone else feel the same way? I love coming to the Dyna section on this site and checking out all the Dyna customization pictures. It makes me happy to see so many people spending money, being creative, and taking pride in their Dyna. I apologize for the ranting and raving...I'm just a little passionate about my SG and I wish there were more aftermarket companies that showed our bikes a little love.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Dyna owners get the shaft...

What are you having trouble finding for your Dyna?

Old 06-03-2006, 01:36 AM
BlackOak
Tourer

Says....

Yeah, ran into the same issues when rebuilding my Dyna a couple of yeas ago. Softails & Sportys had an abundance of all the cool shiat, and slim pickins for the Dyna. Just the way it goes sometimes. Had to fabricate my own Cool Shiat, then chrome or paint it.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:40 AM
mojo
Tourer

I was wondering the same thing, Is there a certain thing you are looking for or just aftermarket parts in general? I know for me with the help of folks on this forum I have been able to find things that I otherwsie was not able to locate. Alot of people here go out of there way to help so if you can't find something just ask..... mojo

Old 06-03-2006, 01:41 AM
05Dynachic
Outstanding HDF Member

But most Sportster stuff works on the Dyna!! Best of two worlds .... in a way. JMO!!

Old 06-03-2006, 01:42 AM
kinken
6th Gear

I'ts not that I haven't been able to find things, it just seems to me that the majority of aftermarket part companies are all about Softails. I guess one example would be West Coast Choppers. I understand they build choppers and are usually dealing with certain type of frame but they don't offer ONE thing for a Dyna, not that I want anything from WCC anyway, but it's just the idea I guess. There just one of many. I'm probably just being a whiner.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:50 AM
kinken
6th Gear

I've noticed that everyone here does try really hard to help others out. That's why I dig the site so much. But I didn't mean for it to sound like I haven't been able to find things I was looking for, I was just saying that it seems like the Dynas get kind of ignored when it comes to the custom parts scene.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:02 AM
iwant1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, there is less of a range at the moment. That may change though, becuase with the cool stoff on the 06's (6 speed box, 49" forks etc. they've been selling a few of them, so demand for after market parts is up too. Hopefully demand will force an increase in supply.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:06 AM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're right, most every new part comes out for the softail first. Maybe later it trickles over to the Dyna line. It's sort of like small block V8's. Everything comes out first for the chevy, then ford, then mopar.

The softail was designed for the custom no shock look. Designed for the customizer, not the rider. Dynas are just the opposite. Built for the rider, not the customizer. It's a simple matter of marketing.

In the Harley world, I think the softail needs the most help.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:09 AM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Actually, if you know or do some research on WCC history, most of the bikes that JJ built when he was starting out were FXR's. Most of the pipes they make will fit the pre 2006 dyna models. There is actually a custom FXR in the FOR SALE section of the WCC website right now. Almost all of the fenders they offer can be adapted to fit dyna models too. None of them are "direct bolt on" parts for softails or dyna's. In my opinion, nothing worth doing is easy, and custom ain't custom if it bolts right on!

Quick Reply: Dyna owners get the shaft...