Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna owners get the shaft...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 03:10 AM
kinken
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dyna owners get the shaft...

EXACTLY.
ORIGINAL: bobcowan

You're right, most every new part comes out for the softail first. Maybe later it trickles over to the Dyna line. It's sort of like small block V8's. Everything comes out first for the chevy, then ford, then mopar.

The softail was designed for the custom no shock look. Designed for the customizer, not the rider. Dynas are just the opposite. Built for the rider, not the customizer. It's a simple matter of marketing.

In the Harley world, I think the softail needs the most help.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:38 AM
mhbetzer
Advanced

You guys are driving me nuts. What are you trying to find? Be a little more specific than just "STUFF"

Old 06-03-2006, 11:31 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Aww, shucks, y'all! Doncha know that there ain't stuff fer the Dyna line cuz they's the new girlie-bikes? I mean even the name is a girlie name - Dyna! Dyna Shore, Dyna Washington, Dyna the waitress at the local truck stop, etc.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:04 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: pococj

Aww, shucks, y'all! Doncha know that there ain't stuff fer the Dyna line cuz they's the new girlie-bikes? I mean even the name is a girlie name - Dyna! Dyna Shore, Dyna Washington, Dyna the waitress at the local truck stop, etc.
Hey watch it fella........don't you know we are all trying to be just like ******!! I'm gettin that 3 gal. peanut tank for my low rider...

Old 06-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Renegade
Tourer

I agree...there is much broader assortment of aftermarket parts for the softail line.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:13 PM
dl03
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: iwant1

I agree, there is less of a range at the moment. That may change though, becuase with the cool stoff on the 06's (6 speed box, 49" forks etc. they've been selling a few of them, so demand for after market parts is up too. Hopefully demand will force an increase in supply.
thats ***** i'm waiting for.is the 49 mm tubes to be available for the older dynas.

i feel ur pain bro. but hopefully it will catch-up.

all the stuff u see in the pics has been done in the year that i've owned this.not to mention the stuff that has been done since these pics.
its like i'm ready to buy it before they've even engineered it. that sucks. come on get wit-it.[sm=wtf.gif]

Old 06-03-2006, 02:08 PM
ReeseSS
Tourer

I have not had any trouble finding anything for a dyna. Wide Tire kit, wide glide convertion triple trees, any bolt on or performance goods, front fender, had to customize a rear fender, but there was something available to work with doing it, where you been looking?

Hey Pococj............. That name thing, you mean Dyna like in Dynamite? ; )

Old 06-03-2006, 04:04 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

ORIGINAL: ReeseSS

I have not had any trouble finding anything for a dyna. Wide Tire kit, wide glide convertion triple trees, any bolt on or performance goods, front fender, had to customize a rear fender, but there was something available to work with doing it, where you been looking?

Hey Pococj............. That name thing, you mean Dyna like in Dynamite? ; )
LOL, didn't think of it that way! But I s'pose it fits - I see 'em blowed up at the shop all the time! (JK, fellas; I'd like to get an '84 Wide Glide as a starting point for some ideas I have.)

Old 06-04-2006, 12:30 AM
ReeseSS
Tourer

Someone with some brains and money will be grabbing any older or wrecked frame thay can get their hands on, be able to build "legal choppers" that aren't under new rules because have title and factory bike.

Old 06-04-2006, 12:41 PM
JonHanna
Road Master

no doubt! The EPA needs to be brought down.

Quick Reply: Dyna owners get the shaft...