Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket seat buyer beware

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 09:14 PM
PoleCat
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aftermarket seat buyer beware

Good timing on this post . . . I was just thinking about ordering something from Drag Specialties.

I will take my business elsewhere.

Thanks for the post. Probably saved me a lot of trouble.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:52 AM
romac
Cruiser

Who is C&C?

On another note I was looking into getting a Corbin Classic Solo for my 06 Dyna checked the prices about 3 weeks ago it was $360.00. Checked their website the other day and they raised the price to $499.00 Ouch!!! I called them to see if the price on the web site was a mistake and they told me that they introduced their 07 prices early. They raised the price of the seat $140.00 in one fell swoop I was shocked that a seat could jump that much.[:'(]

I guess I'll be buying a Mustang.

Old 06-04-2006, 06:22 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: romac

Who is C&C?

On another note I was looking into getting a Corbin Classic Solo for my 06 Dyna checked the prices about 3 weeks ago it was $360.00. Checked their website the other day and they raised the price to $499.00 Ouch!!! I called them to see if the price on the web site was a mistake and they told me that they introduced their 07 prices early. They raised the price of the seat $140.00 in one fell swoop I was shocked that a seat could jump that much.[:'(]

http://www.ccseats.com/

I've only heard good things about C&C.I've ordered a solo seat from them in leather.Should be here in a week or so. Will let you know what I think of it.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 06-04-2006, 09:06 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

ORIGINAL: romac

Who is C&C?

I have been looking to buy a solo saddle for awhile now. I had focused in on the Corbin Classic.
I was looking for more info on Corbins' saddles a couple of weeks ago and chanced on a forum where there was a long thread about Corbin seats. I had heard Corbin seats aren't what they used to be and sure enough they were getting some slamming. MOST agreed cutomer service was lousy (except some of the boys who lived not far from Corbin). Many of the gripes were issues with the quality of newer purchases. The guys that have had them a few years were happy with the quality.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:29 AM
WdGldDave
Road Captain

I guess it is different from place to place. If I had to guess, I'd say somebody returned a damaged seat to Drag Specialties/Saddleman in the past and this policy is a reaction to that situation. My local HD Dealer told me I could take out a Sundowner for a test ride whenever I wanted. It seems to me that it is important to try a seat before buying it.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:44 AM
2wheeler
Advanced

I asked our local HD dealer about their policy in consideration of ordering a SideKick seat from their big book. They're basically considered a custom order but you can return with a 20% restocking charge. On a $369.00 saddle that's about 74 bucks and they get to sell it again. Interesting business! The C&C seats look really nice I just don't see anything but solo seats for Dynas....maybe I'll change my mind. Mostly, it seems you have to find someone who already has the seat you're interested in and get advice from them.
Guess that's what we're all about.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:07 AM
5701andbroke
Advanced

I had a similar experience with MIDWEST PARTS. I ordered the sheet metal parts for the front end on my Hydra-glide and they sent me 2 left hand pieces instead of a right and a left. I got now response from phone calls or e-mails. **** em.