Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I put a street bob rear fender on my FXD?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:44 AM
hommes
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I put a street bob rear fender on my FXD?

Hi, I have a 2009 fxd and would like to put a street bob rear fender on it if that is possible. Has anyone done it and if so could you show me some photos and maybe send along some part numbers? Will the wiring work easily? Can you just unplug the wires to the tail lights and then replug them into the new tail light after the fender change? I called my local dealer and they suggested I use the chopped fender off the new 2010 wideglide. They didn't know if the street bob fender would work. I think the street bob fender would look good and might be somewhat less than the $1000. that the dealer quoted me for the available "kit" using the wideglide fender. When I bought my bike last January it was a toss up between the bob and the fxd and it came down to the wheels because I liked the mags better than the spokes but I really like that chopped rear fender on the bob. Can I get the best of both worlds? TIA.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:05 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The street bob fender will work fine. As far as wiring the light I am not sure it the plugs are the same but if not its not that many wires to splice.

I wouldnt ask that dealer any more questions.

Street bob fender will work

New Wide Glide fender will not work = its wider