Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip-ons for 06 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006 | 06:03 PM
JerrySC
|
Cruiser
Default Slip-ons for 06 Low Rider

I've done searches on this forum and others about exhaust modifications and Stage 1's. I may get into the AC stuff and fuel enrichment later. All I'm looking for now is a louder slip-on than stock. I'm OK with stock performance the way I ride, but it sounds like a Honda! There is only one type of slip-on listed under Screamin' Eagle for the 06 Dynas. Has anyone heard a bike with these on it?

Old 06-02-2006 | 06:47 PM
smokermike
Cruiser
Default RE: Slip-ons for 06 Low Rider

I have the screamin eagle II on my lowrider I really like them a deeper sound than a cycle shack im in california im runnin the old style 1s not the ca emission 1s there just almost like stock I wanted the Harley sound dammit lol

also running the SE air cleaner with a K&N filter in it an just installed a PC III its gets dynoed next tuesday anyways Im happy with my set up

Old 06-02-2006 | 07:00 PM
JerrySC
|
Cruiser

What part number are the slip-ons? Do they effect your warranty?

Old 06-02-2006 | 07:11 PM
marinecorpsmike
Intermediate

I put the "new" Screaming Eagle slip ons on my 06 Street Bob about two weeks ago. From what I have read on this forum they are not as loud as the SEIIs that are now discontinued but they are significantly louder than stock. Lower rumble also. Overall a nice sound just not as loud as some may like. I personally have mixed feelings about them. On one hand , they sound good and I am not concerned about upsetting my neighbors or the cops. On the other hand, I bought a Harley and I want it to sound like one, screw the neighbors. Try to listen to a pair if you can before you buy them, they may be fine or they may be just a little too quiet for your taste.

Old 06-02-2006 | 07:46 PM
WillieC
Road Master

ORIGINAL: JerrySC

I've done searches on this forum and others about exhaust modifications and Stage 1's. I may get into the AC stuff and fuel enrichment later. All I'm looking for now is a louder slip-on than stock. I'm OK with stock performance the way I ride, but it sounds like a Honda! There is only one type of slip-on listed under Screamin' Eagle for the 06 Dynas. Has anyone heard a bike with these on it?
A Harley will NEVER sound like a Honda NEVER, NEVER, NEVER [:'(]

WillieC []

Old 06-02-2006 | 09:43 PM
JerrySC
|
Cruiser

Thanks, guys. They may be just what I'm looking for then. A little better rumble at idle and some increase in volume is all I'm after at this point. I'll try and find someone who has a set to give a listen.

WillieC, your right, those Hondas try and sound like a Harley, but they don't quite get there do they?! I guess I should have said that it sounds a bit subdued.

Old 06-03-2006 | 07:31 PM
JerrySC
|
Cruiser

Well, I went down to my dealer today looking for the new SE slip-ons for the 06 Dynas. My man looked up the part number and said he would have to order it. I told him I'd really rather have the SE II's, but that I would order them if that's all there was. He told me the SE II's were discontinued and were listed as obsolete in his computer. Then he said he had a set in stock. I asked about warranty concerns and he assured me that was not a problem. I brought them home. It took about an hour to put them on. When I cranked it up it sounded great. I went for a test ride and it ran like a differernt bike! Seemed a lot smoother and a quicker response. Since I got those mufflers, I'm going to do the AC and download when I go back for the 1000 mile check. Now I just hope they're not too loud for the cops around here.

Old 06-04-2006 | 06:12 PM
NEONNIGHT34609
Road Captain

i just ordered a set of SE II for my street bob.. people say u have to get the new download and dont run the bike without it for too long ? how many miles are u till your 1000 mile sercive i am in the same boat as u and am going to get the a/c and download at that time .. but i really wanna install my SE II when they come in. i only have 300 miles on the bike so i am aways away from my service . maybe some 1 can chim in on this .. can we run the slipons without the download or will be doing damage ?

Old 06-04-2006 | 06:22 PM
JerrySC
|
Cruiser

My guy at the dealer said the download wasn't necessary until I did the AC. I trust him. He knows I would have bought the download right then if he had said I needed it. I'm about 200 miles from the 1000 mile check, but I don't think it would do any harm if you ran without it if you never modded the AC. The opinions on this one are all over the place. I don't think you are seeing the performance benefit of the slip-ons until you mod the AC anyway. Then the additional fuel would surely be necessary. Glad you found a set, they are getting scarce. Save your stocks.

Old 06-04-2006 | 07:03 PM
hdwideglide06
3rd Gear

I recently installed the stage 1 A/C and the SEII's. I went with the remap for peace of mind. I can't afford to rebuild the engine if it tears up from running lean. By going with the remap, if something happens, Harley's going to have to fix it.

Quick Reply: Slip-ons for 06 Low Rider