Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dog bone adapter

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:15 PM
lhcstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dog bone adapter

where do you guys get your dog bone wrenchs? i have been to every auto parts store in town and nobody has anything .i was able to take the rocker boxes off without it but i think i need one to put it all back together.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:36 PM
tweakin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lhcstreetbob
where do you guys get your dog bone wrenchs? i have been to every auto parts store in town and nobody has anything .i was able to take the rocker boxes off without it but i think i need one to put it all back together.
I picked one up from snap on. Go online and call the support number and they will hook you up with your local rep. I was able to drive out, meet mine, and purchase the adapter off his truck.

I have one but don't ever use it anymore. I switched to allen head rocker bolts and just use a short allen (from a screwdriver set) with a box end on it for the tough to reach bolts.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:01 PM
FATBOB-08
Advanced

Go with the proto dog bones they are lot cheaper. I think I got mine from a place online called drillspot or something like that. You will need them to get every thing back together with the torque wrench. They were around 15 dollars if my memory serves me right

Old 08-14-2009, 03:08 PM
lhcstreetbob
Road Captain

hey tweakin you said you had 1 dont i need 2 1/2 and 7/16 thats a good idea switching to allens were you able to tourqe everything ok?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:10 PM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have found some cheap one/ two time use ones in the bins at dollar stores
Sears sells them on-line.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:31 PM
lhcstreetbob
Road Captain

i found some from the snap on truck they 28 bucks each i didnt think they would be quite that much?

Old 08-14-2009, 06:03 PM
FATBOB-08
Advanced

http://www.drillspot.com/products/70...Torque_Adapter didn't see the 7/16", they used to have it to.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:56 PM
tweakin
Road Master

Snap on is crazy expensive, I know there is less expensive out there... I have allen bits that fit on my torque wrenches.

I am able to torque all the bolts to spec with the exception of 2. I get those as tight as I feel is correct and have never had any issues... Do you think the techs at hd torque everything? lol..

Old 08-15-2009, 12:01 AM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I went with Snap-on but I use them on a daily basis. Had Some different cheaper ones before but the more commonly used sizes (7/16", 1/2", 5/8" and 10mm) never lasted longer than a couple weeks. Had the Snap-ons for about 18 months now and haven't had to replace any of them. If you're looking to only use them once in a while you shouldbe OK with any of the ones posted above.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:05 AM
lhcstreetbob
Road Captain

thats what i was thinking man i have learned alot about my bike in the last year. thanks for your input. hopefully it goes smooth when i go to put it back it back together after the powder coat is done. i also gave them the rear pulley and i am going to take them the lower sliders if i can find a 12mm allen..sometimes i hate living in a small town..

Quick Reply: dog bone adapter