Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sears yellow jack?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 10:45 PM
F_CPT98
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperglideKen
You will need to get a set of Dyna Adapters for your lift. I got mine off of e-bay for $20. I hear you can also get them at your harley dealer. You have to have them because of that oil pan hanging down there below the frame.
Either you have carpet in your garage or that bike is sitting on the stand in your living room?? LMAO!!I would love to see the look on my wifes face if i did that??

Mud, thanks for the link! very usefull info as always.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:16 PM
cdouthitt
Intermediate

THe red jack works just fine...I just had to remove the rubber pads first....I plan on spraying the tops (at some point in time) with something that isn't quite as slippery as the raw paint.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:37 PM
cmiller1014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F_CPT98
Either you have carpet in your garage or that bike is sitting on the stand in your living room?? LMAO!!I would love to see the look on my wifes face if i did that??
Thats what I was thinking!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:47 PM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ok here is what i did after listening to all u guys
I got some of thar plastic decking crap and cut 3 blocks all the same size. 2 blocks are the same height. the 3rd block I added about 3/8 of the decking i gorrllia glued the 2 pieces together. now I drilled out a 3/8 hole in each block, then I countersunk a 5/8 hole to put a bolt thru it and attach it to the sears jack the 2 front one contact the frame rails and the clutch cable doesn't get pinched and the electrial wire clears it too.
I roll the bike up on 2 10x10 block , slide jack under bike with me sitting on bike I work the jack until I hit the first safety stop then get off the bike and jack it to what ever height I want
i'll put pictures up soon.

Last edited by dreamer65; 08-17-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:45 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dreamer65
ok here is what i did after listening to all u guys
I got some of thar plastic decking crap and cut 3 blocks all the same size. 2 blocks are the same height. the 3rd block I added about 3/8 of the decking i gorrllia glued the 2 pieces together. now I drilled out a 3/8 hole in each block, then I countersunk a 5/8 hole to put a bolt thru it and attach it to the sears jack the 2 front one contact the frame rails and the clutch cable doesn't get pinched and the electrial wire clears it too.
I roll the bike up on 2 10x10 block , slide jack under bike with me sitting on bike I work the jack until I hit the first safety stop then get off the bike and jack it to what ever height I want
i'll put pictures up soon.

well i jack up the bike this morning got it up about 18" and was checking everything and when i looked at the jack from the primary side it wasn't even the front part of the jack measured 18 inches the back of the jack measure 17inches i didn't like the looks of it thinking i just spend the 25 bucks for the adapters lol
bike to valulbe to be cheap on

Old 08-18-2009, 09:16 AM
GeorgeJ
Road Captain

Are you saying your not using the adapters? I tried a couple of home made things and was never really happy.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:54 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior

i try making adaptes but they didn't work
i pick up a set of adapters today

Old 08-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

well i jack up the bike this morning and i looked from the primary side it wasn't even
bike to valualbe to be cheap on
Not to **** in your Cheerios, but you already did.

I leave the bike on the sidestand, roll the J&S underneath, pump away with my foot until it gets where I want it, drop the stabilizer bars, release tention and that's it. No blocks, no adapters, no sitting on the bike while trying to jocky the jack around, no straps, etc...

Yes, it was harder on the pocket book initally, but it's so easy to use - even a cave man could do it...

Old 08-18-2009, 07:32 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

I'm kicking myself in the ***** right now for buying a cheap jack. My bike fell off the Harbor Freight jack tonight, similar to the sears one. Never again. Once I get her all fixed up, I'll be getting a J&S.

SO PISSED.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:31 PM
GeorgeJ
Road Captain

I had a real close one with my sears red jack. I was changing the rear tire and the bike just started to slowly fall off the jack. So slow at first I didn't think it was moving. Thankfully it wasn't up to high and I was able to hit the release and catch it in time.

Oh yeah my J&S arrived today and I just got done putting it together (5 minutes) and gave it a test. When you see your bike with the wheels a foot and half off the ground and you give the bike a shove and nothing happens you say to yourself I shoulda bought this right after I bought the repair manual.

George

Quick Reply: sears yellow jack?