Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Mini Beast 2,3 or 4 air horn?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lightbulb Anyone have a Mini Beast 2,3 or 4 air horn?

I'm sick of no one hearing my stock horn and have made my mind up on getting the Pro Pad Mini Beast. I'm just not sure of the style I want. If anyone has one of these models installed, would you post a photo of how it impacts the overall look of your Dyna? The photo's on their web site are good, but it's hard to tell with them being close ups. Also, are you happy with the sound. Was the install hard or would you recommend a dealer do it for those of us who are mechanically challenged.
Thanks for your input and help.

Last edited by LWOS; 08-13-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:35 AM
King Crimson
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LWOS
I'm sick of no one hearing my stock horn and have made my mind up on getting the Pro Pad Mini Beast. I'm just not sure of the style I want. If anyone has one of these models installed, would you post a photo of how it impacts the overall look of your Dyna? The photo's on their web site are good, but it's hard to tell with them being close ups. Also, are you happy with the sound. Was the install hard or would you recommend a dealer do it for those of us who are mechanically challenged.
Thanks for your input and help.
Bump this topic I have the same questions.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:50 AM
sibur
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of info in the archives. I hate my wimpy stock horn and I've been thinking about getting the Stebel, they are ugly but I guess you can split the trumpet from the compressor and mount the trumpet under the stock cowbell. The Stebel sells for less than $40 but you need the wiring kit $10, so for about $50 you can have a horn that actually works.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:54 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

It doesn't compare with a mini-beast for loudness, but I have fitted a louder electric Stebel car horn into the original Harley cowbell. It is similar in appearance but louder than the factory horn and pretty cheap! All you need is the current style cowbell with the horn mounted inside it on a central stud and a trip to a local car parts shop.

I also have a bare Stebel air horn, but it is just too bulky to fit anywhere on my old Glide out of sight.

Last edited by grbrown; 08-14-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: a
Old 08-14-2009, 09:12 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 516 Likes on 352 Posts

I have the Mini Beast II and I love it.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a Mini Beast 2,3 or 4 air horn?-100_2378.jpg  

Last edited by elPrez; 08-14-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 08-14-2009, 10:11 AM
jarhead45
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Nautalis by Stabel (sp?) and its loud and I mounted it like this. It cleans up the left side of the bike by removing the cow bell.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:50 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

Sibur....... I checked the archives before I posted this thread because the MINI BEAST 2 3 and 4 models are all NEW. I was able to find photo of the Mini Beast 2 on a bagger... but was hoping to see any of them on on a Dyna. From the dimensions, they are not only long but tall as well. I do like the looks of the Mini Beast 2 on that bagger. The chrome tear drop design has the similar curves of the tank. I found what the sound is like, but the bike wasn't running either.....or going 70mph down the freeway with other noises. That's why I asked if people who installed it were happy with the performance in real time. I dont mind spending the money.... but I prefer riders give me their impressions under real conditions.

Jarhead........ Isn't the picture of your bike actually the "right" side? Or am I off base? In looking at my Low Rider, I dont believe I could mount it in the same place you have yours. I've got something round and chrome directly under my battery box.... and no way would the unit you have shown fit there. I still like the smooth, polished, one piece design of the Mini Beast 2... so far. But thanks for your input and photos.

Thanks for attaching the photo ElPrez........ I do like the looks of that horn. Glad to hear you like the sound as well.

Last edited by LWOS; 08-15-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:13 PM
King Crimson
Tourer

Originally Posted by jarhead45
I have the Nautalis by Stabel (sp?) and its loud and I mounted it like this. It cleans up the left side of the bike by removing the cow bell.

I like how the cow bell looks. Doesn't need cleaning up on the left.... What do think about how the Steibel looks on the right?

Last edited by King Crimson; 08-15-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:16 PM
King Crimson
Tourer

I like how the Mini Beast 2 looks as well. But I'm looking for a horn that has the American sound of the stock Harley horn, only louder. Don't like the sound of those high pitched, screeching horns, even though they are louder.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:22 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

CrimsonKing......have you heard the two toned pitch ( high and low) of the Mini Beast 2? I dont think it sounds high pitched or screeching at all..... To me, the sound it makes reminds me of the way an old cadillac or lincoln use to sound. They have an audio of it at the Propad.com site....but again, it's not pitted against real traffic noises or while the engine/pipes are running.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Mini Beast 2,3 or 4 air horn?