Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gorilla bars?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:37 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Gorilla bars?

I am thinking about installing some Burley Gorilla bars on my bike, and I think I might have a problem ,but not sure. My currery bars bolt directly to the top of the trees, and the speedo / tach are incased on the currect bars, how much of a pain in the **** is this gonna be? I am thinking that I need risers, a new speedo and tach case, new throttle / idle cables, front brake line (hydraulic), and clutch line (hydraulic), is there anything else I am missing?

Attached Thumbnails Gorilla bars?-0601-0553_l.jpg  
Old 08-12-2009, 08:46 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You may also need new dummy lights depending on how you want to mount yours. Most speedo mounts that have space for dummie lights take the ones that come on the SG.

I put your bars on my SG and its not a bad install, so taking back off should be even easier.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:19 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bberck
You may also need new dummy lights depending on how you want to mount yours. Most speedo mounts that have space for dummie lights take the ones that come on the SG.

I put your bars on my SG and its not a bad install, so taking back off should be even easier.
Thanks, I missed that about the idiot lamps, I guess I need to look for a speedo cover that includes them. I am also thinking of moving the blinkers to the forks, that should do away with some of the wiring headaches.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:25 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
Thanks, I missed that about the idiot lamps, I guess I need to look for a speedo cover that includes them. I am also thinking of moving the blinkers to the forks, that should do away with some of the wiring headaches.
Your bars were easy to internally wire so they will come out no problem. The new bars will be a little tougher.

I bought the wiring harness for your bike to get the idiot lights without splicing so you could by one from a different Dyna to give you the right idiot lights.