Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight modulator for '10 Dyna Wide Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 03:44 PM
cmiller1014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headlight modulator for '10 Dyna Wide Glide?

I am looking to add a modulator to my headlight so that it will flash. Wondering what you have used, and where you got it.

Thanks

Old 08-10-2009, 03:46 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

why would u want a crotch rocket modulator on ur new wide glide.......?

Old 08-10-2009, 03:49 PM
cmiller1014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crotch rocket modulator? haha I don't subscribe to all that silly $hit. I left high school and that stereotypical $hit a long time ago.

I see baggers on the road with flashing headlights all the time. It's all about the safety. Flame away....

Plus I wanna look more like a cop. Yea... thats it.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:57 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

I have a Kisan on my Super Glide. I bought of from their website. It took about 10 days to arrive. I put a tail light modulator in at the same time. I don't worry about what others think either. If it makes you safer then get one. Funny how so many people on this site scream loud pipes save lives, but wouldn't use something that is proven to make you more visible because they think there not cool.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by cmiller1014
Wondering what you have used
I'm assuming you want to be more visable and that's why you are asking. Not what you were asking about, but I went this route with a clear lens.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...ID/86/IMID/100

People riding in front of me say it's very easy to pick me out of a crowd. And they won't ride in front of me at night. At 35 watts, these things pack a punch. Really makes it nice for riding at night. I know the 2010 WG have larger forks - but maybe kuryakyn already tweaked their mounts.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:46 PM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

can you have flashing headlight (is it legal). I know in many states flashing headlights on a car is illegal unless you are in an Emergency Response Vehicle (cop/ambulance/firefighter)

I was thinking about the silver bullet route, just wasn't sure how effective they would be as small as they are, but Baseman you are saying they are good?

Old 08-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigmikaele
I was thinking about the silver bullet route, just wasn't sure how effective they would be as small as they are, but Baeseman you are saying they are good?
Good? No. Great? Yes. It sounds weird, but those two 35watt driving lamps are bright as hell. My brother actually said annoying as hell when I was following him. And the extra light it throws on the road at night is awesome.

I just spliced these lights into my low beam wire inside the headlight. So, when I hit the high beams, these turn off. Because of that, I no longer use the high beams at night because I get more/better light from the low beam with these 2 lights.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:37 PM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, I was thinking about them again tonight when I was driving home in the dark and figured that would be the way to wire them as well. Will have to add that to my next shopping list

Oh by the way do you have the small or the big ones? If the big ones are they still smaller then the stock turn signals? Or about the same size?

Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member

Thanks, I was thinking about them again tonight when I was driving home in the dark and figured that would be the way to wire them as well.
You'll be amazed how much more light there is on the road. I wish I would have known/done this 3 years ago.

do you have the small or the big ones?
I think the larger ones. They measure 2.25" diameter. The bonus - replacement bulbs are at Home Depot. As is with most bulbs, if they don't burn out in the first few hours - they usually last quite a while. One of these burned out pretty quick, so I bought a replacement from Depot. They also have the 55watt if you feel the need to add extra light/strain on the system...

Old 08-11-2009, 09:15 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

can you have flashing headlight (is it legal). I know in many states flashing headlights on a car is illegal unless you are in an Emergency Response Vehicle (cop/ambulance/firefighter)
https://www.kisantech.com/regulations.php

The light doesn't really flash. It pulses between about 20% on and 100% on. I think it does it twice per second so it looks more like you have a loose connection in your light. I have had a couple of strangers come up to me and say there is something wrong with my headlight. So I know it is noticable.