Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

11" progressives on a Bob

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 02:03 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 11" progressives on a Bob

If any of you saw my Cycle Shack post you can tell I am FINALLY getting some mods done on my stock Street Bob. The Progressive 11" 412's are getting ordered next. I was wondering if any of you had these on a Bob or LowRider since the have the same stock seat height. I know these shocks will put the rear fender further down on the tire like mcurry5's bike (nice look BTW) but I am wondering since Bob's and LowRider's sit a little lower from the factory, will the 11" 412's make that much of a difference?

Old 05-30-2006, 02:38 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 11" progressives on a Bob

the street bob has shorter shocks than the superglide from the factory, thats why its lower. If you get the 11" shocks, it will look the same as mine. Same seat height and ground clearance

Old 05-30-2006, 02:52 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior

mcurry5, Yeah, I knew my shocks were shorter from the factory, but with your mods done I couldn't remember what bike you started with. I think the lowrider and bob seats are 25.8 inches high and I figure my rear fender would look like yours, but was interested in the overall height from the ground cause yesterday I scraped a stock muffler in a curve. That makes two pegs and one muffler scraped at speed. I just want to make sure I will see and feel an obvious difference on a Bob before making the buy.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:26 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking of doing it in the past too, but dont do it the bob sits low enough now plus the fender is too close to the passanger foot peg the fender might bottom out and dent with a passenger

[IMG]local://upfiles/8434/F360293C23F442A6A602DA35AF35548C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-30-2006, 03:36 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

the bob and the superglide have the exact same frame and setup. It will be the same as mine with the new shocks on it. I am 215 and have never bottomed out yet. It is a stiffer ride though. I think the only reason or difference in seat height between the low rider, bob, and SG are the shocks. when you make the shocks the same I think you should have the seat height and ground clearance the same. I am pretty sure this is the case.

I have to tell you I love the new look of the shorter shocks. Went riding this weekend and everyone says its 100% better looking bike. Looks more expensive than it is, is alot of the responses I am getting. When looking at it from the side the rear fender looks like its right on the rim, but there is still about 2 or 3 inches of clearance when I am sitting on the bike.

Hope that helps. I think its the best 200 bucks that I have spent on the bike so far.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:39 PM
kaduku
Road Captain

I also have the Progressives 11" 412s, and they did not really make any difference on the look, though seat height did change (a little). I've only scraped once, one the right side on a sharp turn, on the muffler bottom brace (not too bad). My front forks will be lowered once I get the lowering kit (hopefully in 2 weeks), this should really change the looks. I have also never bottomed out or hit any speed bumps (yet).

Old 05-30-2006, 03:51 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

what do you mean they didnt change the look? I have posted my before and after pics on here and there is a huge difference. But I have the SG. Even so I think the bob looks way different with the new shocks. Just my .02

Old 05-30-2006, 03:53 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

Whats with all the face coverings, are you guys part of the secret service or something. In the witness protection program ???

Old 05-30-2006, 03:58 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior

If you think about it, all 06 dyna's with the 11" 412's would look the same after shocks were added. Some do come lower from the factory, bob and LowRider by an inch I think, but after the 11' ers are added they should all look the same. I definitely want to see a difference though. I want this thing slammed despite the above fender advice.........have to see. He!!, I'm just excited to finally be doing some mods. I rode 70 miles with a buddy yesterday and I am sick of the stock pipe BbbmmBbbmmBbbmmbbmbbmbbm.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:00 PM
kaduku
Road Captain

Thats why, you have a SG. I actually expected a big difference, and Engot was right, it only made a slight difference to me. I was afraid the front end would look alot higher too, but it didn't. I am still glad I lowered it, and do love the look of the shorter shock. Oh yeah, the pic? JACK IN THE BOBS, don't want ex-girlfriends finding me (Fatal Attraction Types)

Quick Reply: 11" progressives on a Bob