Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunderheader Installation Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 04:21 PM
bucket13
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Thunderheader Installation Instructions

Anybody have them for an '09 Lowrider - bought a set of thunderheaders but I can't find the installation instructions in the box. Couldn't find any on the t-header site either.

I'd prefer them in .pdf format if possible - but would be happy with anything at this point.

Thanks,
Mat.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:24 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Heres some instructions....

Put in box. Ship to me. Lol

Old 08-07-2009, 04:38 PM
bucket13
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

DAMN........you got me!!!! : )

Old 08-07-2009, 05:32 PM
K9pusher
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out pg 2 post 11 in this thread in the link. Vic (SC Longhair) posted them up a while back. Also take a Zanax if you can before starting becase it can be FRUSTRATING as hell.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...derheader.html

Old 08-07-2009, 05:36 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by K9pusher
Check out pg 2 post 11 in this thread in the link. Vic (SC Longhair) posted them up a while back. Also take a Zanax if you can before starting becase it can be FRUSTRATING as hell.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...derheader.html
+A MILLION!!

It is a very annoying, difficult install. Just remember..... THEY DO FIT. Just takes some persuasion and muscle. Its seriously a pain in the *** to get this pipe on. Its a very snug fit, so just take your time and an extra set of hands is definitely a good idea. Don't forget to buy some new gaskets. Don't use the SE gaskets.. just use the stock ones. GOOD LUCK!

Old 08-07-2009, 06:10 PM
lhcstreetbob
Road Captain

may the force be with you it is a ****** fu@#er to get that pipe on ..i would recomend leaving everything loose when installing. i had to put the rear in first when i did mine or the flange nuts wouldnt line up.. again good luck also get another set of hands it will help

Old 08-07-2009, 06:22 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh come on. It aint that difficult
Do the rear first and run the flange nuts up 2 threads. Chain the bike to the floor, put your left foot on the rear pipe, pull the front with all your strength and spring it on. Just before you get your fingers pinched between the head pipe and the head, make sure the flange is in place. Then let loose of the head pipe and get your fingers out of there before it slams home. Stick a couple of nuts on the front pipe.
Then you can run for the box of bandaids you forgot to bring with you, and while you're in the medicine cabinet, grab the bottle of pain killers and down em. You can finish tightening everything up tomorrow when you come down of the pills

Old 08-07-2009, 06:46 PM
lhcstreetbob
Road Captain

thats badass man ..it was very frustrating for me to get that bitch on.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:16 PM
K9pusher
Tourer

Originally Posted by kk6pg
Do the rear first and run the flange nuts up 2 threads. Chain the bike to the floor, put your left foot on the rear pipe, pull the front with all your strength and spring it on. Just before you get your fingers pinched between the head pipe and the head, make sure the flange is in place. Then let loose of the head pipe and get your fingers out of there before it slams home. Stick a couple of nuts on the front pipe.
Then you can run for the box of bandaids you forgot to bring with you, and while you're in the medicine cabinet, grab the bottle of pain killers and down em. You can finish tightening everything up tomorrow when you come down of the pills
Bahahahahaha...funny...but not far from the truth

I'll be standing by for updates

Old 08-07-2009, 10:47 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kk6pg
LMAO!! Something tells me that this has been experienced before... hahahahahahaha way to funny!

Quick Reply: Thunderheader Installation Instructions