Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna CVO seat on my FXDC [pics]

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dyna CVO seat on my FXDC [pics]

Continuing my quest for the perfect seat, I scored a 07 FXDSE CVO seat off e-bay earlier this week. This seat is actually listed in the Harley parts & accessories book. The number is 52378-07.

I've just gone for about a 60 mile ride on it and here are my first impressions: First off, it sits L-O-W. This seat by far sits me lower than any seat I've tried. It also sits me back further than any seat I've tried. And it's as hard as a rock. But it's not uncomfortable. And the shape allows for quite a bit of fore and aft movement, so you can move around a bit when you get tired of sitting in one position.

Overall the jury is still out. I absolutely love the seating position, and it looks great on my bike. I've just got to put some more saddle time in to really see if the seat has "long ride" comfort.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:36 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the same seat, I like it. It's exactly everything you say. If you plan on doing any 2 up riding forget it, she will hate it. As for a solo seat it's great IMO. I've done plenty of 300-400 mile runs with it and no discomfort at all. Give it some break in time.

Last edited by thedonthere; 08-07-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:42 PM
dhellyer08
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain on the quest for the ultimate seat. I've had 5 so far. The absolute best seat I have tried is the C&C Fastback. The C&C seat sucks for a passenger though so i use a sundowner solo with passenger pillion for the wife.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:57 PM
jcopel
Cruiser

That looks really good, Gary. I may be interested in changing mine to sit lower and further back. I will probably talk with Allen at MCC this winter to see if I have enough room in this one to make that happen.
Are the forwards working out for you? They look good - I like the black brake lever. I'm still using the mids with hi-way pegs, but have considered changing them out.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:03 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Seat looks great !
I really liek the way that one looks on your bike.
Seat and Exhaust are very expensive to find the right one

Old 08-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Don51
Road Captain

The seat looks great...I hope it rides as good for you!!

Old 08-07-2009, 05:32 PM
livfreely
6th Gear
Default Have you tried the sundowner??

This seats not too bad. It is comfortable as hell. Looks fairly decent as well.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna CVO seat on my FXDC [pics]-cimg0063.jpg   Dyna CVO seat on my FXDC [pics]-cimg0066.jpg  
Old 08-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jcopel
That looks really good, Gary. I may be interested in changing mine to sit lower and further back. I will probably talk with Allen at MCC this winter to see if I have enough room in this one to make that happen.
Are the forwards working out for you? They look good - I like the black brake lever. I'm still using the mids with hi-way pegs, but have considered changing them out.
The forwards are great. I wish I'd done that a long time ago. I enjoyed the "foot comfort" of the floorboards, but the riding position wasn't that much more forward vs the mid control pegs.

As for the seat, photos really don't do it justice. With all the curvaceous shapes and stitching it is a very sensuous looking saddle in person--easily the best looking seat Harley has ever made, IMO. I'm still getting used to it so I'm going to give it a few hundred miles before I'll know if it's a keeper.

Originally Posted by livfreely
Have you tried the sundowner? This seats not too bad. It is comfortable as hell. Looks fairly decent as well.
Never tried the Sundowner, but I did try its first cousin, the Tallboy. Sat me up so high it changed the center of gravity on the bike and made it ride like ****. And the seat is butt ugly. But it was comfy. If I was planning a cross-country trip I might stick one on there...maybe.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:40 PM
cnydynarider
Cruiser

How many seats have you been through so far Gary?

Old 08-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cnydynarider
How many seats have you been through so far Gary?
With the floorboards I was trying to find a seat that was comfortable. I tried stock, Mustang Vintage solo, Tallboy, Wide Glide (stock), Wide Glide (modified by Mean City), and a Mustang Regal Duke. The WG seat modified by Mean City would have been the ticket except I miscalculated on how much to tell them to set me back. From a comfort standpoint the seat was great, but the riding position wasn't. So I sold that seat to another forum member and tried the Mustang Regal Duke. With the floorboards, that was the one.

Then a couple weeks ago I removed the floorboards and put on std forward controls. With the forwards the Regal Duke riding position was not comfortable to me, so the quest started again. I put the stock seat back on and that was much better, then I decided to try the CVO seat.

So, to answer your question: To date, including the stock seat that came on the bike, I've tried six seats.