Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding some tunes to my rides...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:06 AM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I listen to an Ipod with earphones when I ride. If you get the right earphones it works great. I can't remember the name of mine...they are made by JVC I think and have the earphones are foamy like earplugs. They fit great, seal off a lot of outside noise and I can hear with no windshield and screaming pipes.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:40 AM
TheOak
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noise cancelling ear phones work good. I cant hear squat without a windshield.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:41 AM
zostrain
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What brand are your ear plugs?

Originally Posted by Stanger
I use a set of custom made ear plugs, made like hearing aids (molded to individual ear). I use them at work, home yard work and riding the bike. They are not cheap though, 200.00 a set, but the sound is just incredible and yet I can still hear somewhat with them if i want.
I have been looking for something like that, but the only thing I can find is about $1000K......(made for musicians)
I use molded ear plugs at work & love them.... I also have a pair of shure ear buds that I wear listening to music when riding, but they are only foam.

Thanks

Old 08-12-2009, 04:33 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use either my IPOD or my internet Radio through my Phone.
Only issue I have is keeping my earpieces within my ear. Using my halfhelmet, the plugs constantly fall off

Old 08-12-2009, 07:01 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If anyone is looking for some good ear buds to use while riding the bike check out some Skull Candy Smokin Bud ear buds. I can hear my mp3 player just fine with them out on the highway at 70mph with no windshield and loud pipes.
The price is right around $19.99 so it won't take away too much money from what you want to spend on your bike.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I second that vote for Skull Candy. Work good and are not painfull to the ears. I use them with the GPS and can hear them at Autobahn speeds.

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
If anyone is looking for some good ear buds to use while riding the bike check out some Skull Candy Smokin Bud ear buds. I can hear my mp3 player just fine with them out on the highway at 70mph with no windshield and loud pipes.
The price is right around $19.99 so it won't take away too much money from what you want to spend on your bike.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Phlsphyguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by zostrain
I have been looking for something like that, but the only thing I can find is about $1000K......(made for musicians)
I use molded ear plugs at work & love them.... I also have a pair of shure ear buds that I wear listening to music when riding, but they are only foam.

Thanks
Do a search in the phone book for a local audiologist and compare prices for molded ear forms. You will be surprised at the price difference between audiologists. Also, look on the internet. I have seen kits from audiologists that you can do at home (as far as the basic impression goes) then ship that kit back and they make you custom molds for your Ipod buds or whatever and the price is reasonable.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:09 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 for the skull candy ear buds!!!

Old 08-12-2009, 11:28 AM
sharka33
1st Gear

Depending on what type of helmet you are using, most flat shaped headphones will fit in the ear pockets and not bother your ears. I used to use in-ear earbuds, but they work to well and block all ambient noise. I like to hear whats going on around me so I use the flat shaped earphones in the earpockets. Right now I use the scorpion exo-200 which is a 3/4 helmet. It has speaker pockets made just for headphones. I tuck the headphone wire away for when I'm not using them. It's a great helmet that I got new for $50 on clearance from motorcyclesuperstore. I'll have to post some pics later to show everyone.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:29 AM
rcaddell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the issue with the iPod earbuds falling out. Same thing with phillips similar in style to the skullcandy.

Thanks to a deal with Cruthcfield when I ordered some new gear for my car, I have these. Fit in the ear nice and tight.

Quick Reply: Adding some tunes to my rides...