Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Semper_Fi
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Just added a few more things last week. Has anyone had trouble with the Fuel Pak?

Roland Sands breather
Fuel Pak
Seat

Old 05-02-2011, 06:46 AM
Semper_Fi
Novice
Default Update

I'll try this again, here are the picks.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-2010-wide-glide.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-2010-wide-glide-2.jpg  
Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 AM
mazorglide
Cruiser

Yeah I got a pic of me sitting on it, they have a 2" pull back on them.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-imag0059.jpg  
Old 05-02-2011, 10:47 AM
mazorglide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by pontiac69
RMECCA love that tailight. Hard to install? Does it attatch with 2 sided tape or does it bolt on? You say you relocated your signals? To where, cant see them on the forks. Like the look of the drag bars over the stock wg bars. Are they stock bars off a fat bob?

Looks real nice and mean. Keep it up.
I installed it on my bike, uses 2 sided tape and only took about half an hour, here's a pic of it lit up.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-imag0066.jpg  
Old 05-02-2011, 11:23 AM
mazorglide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Robotech
Ohhhhh...like that dark gray paint! Still "dark" but not black...something different. Very cool.

I like the blackdiamond grips (already have the pegs) but I wonder how comfortable are they? How far do you ride and do you get a lot of vibration through them? I love the look of the machined grips but have always wondered about this.
I love the grips, not any more vibration than the factory, my normal rides go from 50-200 miles. I don't care for the rubber on the factory, my hands like to stick to them, since I only wear gloves when the weather requires.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pheur
Hi,

Which brand/model bag is that you got! Looks real good!

Edit: I am pretty certain from other pictures and posts that it is a Badgcustoms solo bag. Probably getting one!
If you're wanting a solo bag, don't even think twice about Badgcustoms. I just got mine from them today and the thing is NICE! Real good, thick leather, simple but hardy straps, nice quality and looks killer. I got their DR05BL (though I got it in brown so technically I guess this is the DR05BR...though they don't list that part number on their site...just have to ask for it). I got mine with the quick release buckles and extra inch in width.

Really easy to install (took about 2 minutes on my WG and 1.5 minutes of that was loosening and tightening the rear fender bolt) and looks like it's going to replace my backpack for most stuff.

Originally Posted by mazorglide
I love the grips, not any more vibration than the factory, my normal rides go from 50-200 miles. I don't care for the rubber on the factory, my hands like to stick to them, since I only wear gloves when the weather requires.
Thanks for the info! I don't mind the factory grips but want something a little different. I ride 80 miles a day on weekdays for work (40 miles one way) so something relatively comfortable is good. I wear full gloves and pretty heavy ones during cooler winter days so grip is critical too. The stockers are fine in that department and I think the Diamond Black with their textured surface should work too.

Last edited by Robotech; 05-02-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:38 PM
jupiter2
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robotech
Ohhhhh...like that dark gray paint! Still "dark" but not black...something different. Very cool.

I like the blackdiamond grips (already have the pegs) but I wonder how comfortable are they? How far do you ride and do you get a lot of vibration through them? I love the look of the machined grips but have always wondered about this.
I didn't want to chime in first, since the question wasn't directed at me, but I will add.. I love the look and feel of these black-diamond grips. Much more comfortable that you would think. Sometimes softer can be more fatiguing - you tend to keep squeezing (like one of those stress *****). The only minor drawback is that in cold weather it is like hanging on to a couple of freeze-pops.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:03 PM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Black Diamond grips and pegs. I did change the pegs to the Mini-floor boards cause I felt like my foot was going to slip off at the worst possible time. The hand grips are great, even better with gloves on as far as the grip. There sure are some great looking WideGlides being posted on here!

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-bars.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-bars2.jpg  
Old 05-02-2011, 03:20 PM
nrs2420
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SuperglideKen
I have the Black Diamond grips and pegs. I did change the pegs to the Mini-floor boards cause I felt like my foot was going to slip off at the worst possible time. The hand grips are great, even better with gloves on as far as the grip. There sure are some great looking WideGlides being posted on here!

Do you have a pic with the mini floor boards installed? I too have the problem of my feet wanting to slip off the black diamond pegs.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know if it's the boots I wear but I've not had a problem with my feet wanting to slip off the pegs. The little "cap" at the end hold them on just fine...even in the rain.

Good to know about the grips. Kind of solves the delima then.

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....