Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Muff Daddy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redbeard
I think you're asking about the skull derby cover: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
Thats the one! Thanks a bunch

Old 06-23-2010, 08:59 PM
lovethewind
Stage I

sit the bike in the sun for a few hours and the reflectors pop right off.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:16 PM
EEAZYRYDER
Intermediate

Here's what I've done so far to my wide glide.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-0621000846.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-0621000847.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-0621000848.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-0621000849.jpg   2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....-0621000847a.jpg  

Old 06-24-2010, 12:43 AM
transam7969
Road Master

jesus...I love my fiancee more than anything but she just has to tough it out when riding on back, no way I'd put that sofa cushion on back

Old 06-24-2010, 12:58 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by transam7969
jesus...I love my fiancee more than anything but she just has to tough it out when riding on back, no way I'd put that sofa cushion on back

Depends how nice she looks, maybe that big ol cusion back there is worth more than you know!!

Bike looks good dude!!

Old 06-24-2010, 01:13 AM
luv_my_harley
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My husband has the lepera bare bones with the gel...he says it's ok, it looks good but if you don't have a thick *** then it won't be any more comfortable than the stock seat. My stock seat is fine...and my *** isn't huge!!!

Old 06-24-2010, 02:36 AM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Muff Daddy
I just read through the entire 79 pages. Thanks to you guys I now have a nice healthy to do list Just got my '10 wide glide last weekend, its pretty stock so I will spare you guys the pics. I do have a couple questions though...

1. I really like the above seat, is it more comfortable then the stocker? For the passenger as well?

2. I like the skull cover on the side, do you have a part number/name?

3. If I do a 1 inch rear drop will I run into any issues with having a passenger on the bike?

Wheres the best/cheapest place to get parts?

My list is as follows
1. rsd airbox
2. sampson hellraisers
3. flush tankcap *****
4. 1 in drop for the rear
5. The skull cover I asked about above
6. Possible seat swap?
7. engine tuner (which one?)
I already have drag bars coming along with a fork bag. I put forward control extentions on 15 minutes after I rode the bike off the lot haha.

Since the ***** G. Derby Cover question has already been answered....

The Lepera Bare Bones seat is strangely more comfortable. I say "strangely," because obviously it isn't thicker, so it is not softer per se. But it IS more comfortable. I think this is for two reasons: 1) The biker gel (optional) reduces the vibration through the seat to next to zero. it takes way longer for my butt to start tingling. 2) Because it is narrower, I don't get the pain on the inside of my thighs the way I used to, because the OEM seat actually pressed into them.

The one way it isn't more comfortable is over the teeth rattling ruts or bumps in the road. I feel those more, not a heck of a lot more, but more. Regular bumps are fine, but the big ones I try and lift myself a little before I hit 'em if I see 'em in time.

The passenger pillion I can't give you a review on yet because I haven't had either of the only two people who have ridden with me on the bike since the switch. But I can say this, it is wider then the stock pillion, but thinner. So who knows. LOL

And I agree with one of the other folks here: no way I am putting a couch cushion on this bike. No disrespect to any one with the thicker seats, but I just think it ruins the look of the bike. And if I am honest, the way my bike looks is a part of my satisfaction. Definitely second to actually riding for me, but important. Then again, I don't do hundreds of miles a day on a regular basis. My commute is only sometimes 160 miles or so round trip to work, if I am going from my girl's house.

USMAMULE

P.S. Since it may be relevant to my experience with comfort of the Bare Bones, I guess you should know, I am 5'9" w/ a 30" inseam, and weigh about 190Lbs.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:26 AM
billjoat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by USMAMule
Since the ***** G. Derby Cover question has already been answered....

The Lepera Bare Bones seat is strangely more comfortable. I say "strangely," because obviously it isn't thicker, so it is not softer per se. But it IS more comfortable. I think this is for two reasons: 1) The biker gel (optional) reduces the vibration through the seat to next to zero. it takes way longer for my butt to start tingling. 2) Because it is narrower, I don't get the pain on the inside of my thighs the way I used to, because the OEM seat actually pressed into them.

The one way it isn't more comfortable is over the teeth rattling ruts or bumps in the road. I feel those more, not a heck of a lot more, but more. Regular bumps are fine, but the big ones I try and lift myself a little before I hit 'em if I see 'em in time.

The passenger pillion I can't give you a review on yet because I haven't had either of the only two people who have ridden with me on the bike since the switch. But I can say this, it is wider then the stock pillion, but thinner. So who knows. LOL

And I agree with one of the other folks here: no way I am putting a couch cushion on this bike. No disrespect to any one with the thicker seats, but I just think it ruins the look of the bike. And if I am honest, the way my bike looks is a part of my satisfaction. Definitely second to actually riding for me, but important. Then again, I don't do hundreds of miles a day on a regular basis. My commute is only sometimes 160 miles or so round trip to work, if I am going from my girl's house.

USMAMULE

P.S. Since it may be relevant to my experience with comfort of the Bare Bones, I guess you should know, I am 5'9" w/ a 30" inseam, and weigh about 190Lbs.

I have a HD touring seat. Its nice and comfy for me and has a bit of a built in lower back support. My bride LOVES the cushy feel as well as the width for her.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:21 PM
exitinyourhead
Cruiser

added a garage leathers dyna big bag with latch, different air cleaner cover and changed out those Kury Zombie Mirrors (wow those are trash.) Doesn't look much different but heck i took some pics anyways.

Name:  DSC_0070.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  220.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0074.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  185.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0072.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  159.7 KB

Old 06-25-2010, 04:22 PM
exitinyourhead
Cruiser

and a vid
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwsLvToAndI[/youtube]

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Owners - Let's keep track of our mods....